Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cz 6 ID Neddle won't move

cz6aBill

I got a cz6 on friday worked fine on friday and saterday took it out on monday and the ID neddle wont move at all. Tryed it again today same thing. The machine works fine the neddle just seems to be stuck on iron. Just wondering if i should send it in to fisher or dose any one on here do repairs to them? Not quite sure what to do, i love the old cz's never should have sold the 6a ( brain fart ) . Any help would be great. Thanks Bill

CZ6 is 20 years old and my guess is the meter is inoperative as its worn out..as have heard of meters on analog CZ's going...I think a call to Fisher is indicated.

Whether Fisher can use the CZ3D meter as replacement as I doubt they have the original meter is only a question they can answer.

Another problem is cost as may be cost prohibitive to get fixed. Unfortunately used units don't come with a warranty and as it worked when you got it would be an indication that the seller sold it to you in good faith but that is only a supposition.

Thanks Dan...Just called Fisher they said they would have to upgrade to a 5 pin connector first thing 175.00 DOLLARS plus what ever repair cost would be. Man i hate to put that kinda money into it. Anyone know how to get the cover off ? Maybe ill look at it myself. Thanks again

Hi Bill, try a little bump on the sides of the detector, something might have the needle stuck. The CZ,s are built like tanks just don,t hit with hammer or anything like that, but might just jar it loose. I have a CZ6a and sure hope nothing happens to it. Good Luck with it, hope you can get it fixed. Flintstone

Bill Flintstone here again, The CZ6 is splash-proof and dust proof, so if you take it apart you need to watch the gaskets. I don,t know what you have in it, but if not to much it would be worth it to get it fixed. The one i have will get a dime at 12.3" hard to beat that with the $1500.00 detectors. Flintstone

Thanks Flintstone...Yea i sold my 6a and the neddle would stick on it sometimes a little bump would do it. This just dont seen to wanta cooperate. Sold my tesoro vaquaro to buy this, good machine just not much for the single tone. O well at least i got 3 tones. Thanks again

There might just be some dirt in there and needs to be cleaned out? I had a compass that did that. I send it to Keith Wills at Broken Detector.com and he just cleaned it out and it worked fine. Might want to give him a call and a quote as he should be cheaper than First Texas and he can work on CZ's also.

I would not send it to the above mentioned person & would only let Fisher work on it. It may be expensive to convert , but it will probably pay for itself in the long run. They DO have meters for them, if you need one. FWIW ,, I rarely ever look at the meter on my CZ's & rely only on the tones.

CaptEsteban said:
I would not send it to the above mentioned person & would only let Fisher work on it. It may be expensive to convert , but it will probably pay for itself in the long run. They DO have meters for them, if you need one. FWIW ,, I rarely ever look at the meter on my CZ's & rely only on the tones.
Not sure why you wouldn't send it to him, it might take awhile to get it back if he is busy but it will come back fixed & fixed right.

P.S. I doubt it will help but worth a try, it might have static build up, spray a bit of windex on a clean soft cloth and wipe the meter.

I dont know if it will work but what about a magnet use it to move the needle to free any dirt or whatnot jamming it. If that is the problem worth a try and you wont have to open up the machine.

PowerDetecting said:
what about a magnet ...

Please don't!! Magnets and meter movements don't mix well. You get the wrong parts magnetized and that will stop it from working correctly, if it could still work at all.
tvr

Thanks everyone for your comments. Capt i dident get your PM. All i know is i like useing the old cz meter or not. Thanks again Bill