Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-6a analog compared to CZ-70 digital

cadman_us

I have a CZ-6a that is my go to detector, just got a CZ-70 and compared the two using the 5" coil.

Both are deep and have very good I.D. abilities.

Haven't air tested them for comparison purposes, but, both will hit a 6" deep silver dime and 8" silver quarter with the 5" coil in test garden.

CZ-70 seems a little more prone to falsing on old iron, (might be because I don't have enough time with it) haven't been able to run the sensitivity on it past 6 due to falsing.

CZ-6a has faster recovery. (Big point in favor of CZ-6a)

Both hit well on small gold.

Haven't made up my mind if the CZ-70 has an advantage with 4 tones versus 3 tones yet.

I think the CZ-70 will make a good backup to the CZ-6a, but will not replace it. There is something about watching the needle on the CZ-6a that makes me happy....lol

CZ's can differ on depth abilities due to their tuning and and either model can be different or hotter.

Many prefer the S configuration of the analog versus the pistol grip of the digital.

To many the unique notching ability of the digital is preferred.

Analog is easier to change facets.

Analog although much older has parts by the manufacturer as the CZ3D is still being made, digital parts are limited for repair.

Of course CZ6A is the analog and CZ70 is the digital for uninformed readers..

1) No speaker. My 2 CZ6a's have held up for 20+ years (knock on wood), through very harsh environments and tons of hours beach hunting

2) Fine tuning of the sensitivity (no preset values).

3) Faster recovery speed ( analog versions of the CZ's do have a quicker recovery rate).

4) Knobs....I just like the ability to turn a knob to adjust a setting and to be able to look at the knob and know exactly what setting it's on.

I dont use notching and tone hunt, so I don't need to look at the screen or meter, hence a back light is useless for me.

That's why the 6a works for me better.

My CZ70 Pro in my ground I can run it on 8 and 10 sensitivity. Sometimes at 10 I get falsing but not very often. I picked this detector up for $225 and it is the best one I have ever used.

It does struggle in iron with the stock coil so I am trying to find a 5 inch coil to use next season. I figure with being able to run such high sens, I wont lose much depth.

The only time I run disc is in one park that we hunt I notch out nickels. There are thousands of beaver tail style pulltabs and if I spent the time digging them I would have no time left to coin hunt. On some days I will dig them though to try to thin them out, but there are just so damn many.

With this detector I have actually dug dimes at depths I only have read about. 9-10 inches, nice and soft clear tone. The first time I dug one that deep I was almost in shock and had to do a double take when I saw the coin in a 10 inch deep hole.