Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-70 for the Beach?

roseon3rd

I have a CZ-70 Pro that I have found to be very deep and excellent for new and old coins on land. I have heard that the unit is also very good for use in the surf although I have not tried it there yet. I'm heading to the east coast beaches here in a few weeks and plan to take the '70 with me. Any tips for me or any web info you can refer me to? I'd like to hunt the surf line and possibly knee-deep in the beach at low tide. Any help or direction will be appreciated.

Thanks & HH,
Curt aka KingsMtnMan

CZ's are great beach detectors. If you don't need to use salt mode don't, but most places I've been salt mode greatly reduces falsing when zig zagging the beach so I usually run in salt mode. Otherwise, set it up like you normally do.

If you are going knee deep, watch your footing and keep an eye out for that rouge wave. Ya don't want to get the box wet!

Oh, and don't cover the whole beach, leave some treasure for the rest of us!
Enjoy!
tvr

Tvr covered it well and do remember this unit is not waterproof and if you drop or get hit by a wave an expensive unit could be gonzo...

CZ-70 because it can notch discriminate.

I used the 70 set up like this. I notched out all coins, and iron. That left pull tabs, foil, lead, and of course gold jewelry.

I wasn

But Mr. Bill ... there are some good gold rings that hit in the coin area .... and what about all them silver rings, lockets, and chains ?

I can understand what you are saying ... clad coins are not very exciting, however clad quarters are always welcome in my pouch.

Guess you would rather focus your beach time on those big gold bucket clunkers instead of them little toe rings.
At any rate ... thanks for leaving a little on the beach for the rest of us to find ... :biggrin:

I guess it would really kill the beach fun for everyone if there was a real 100% accurate gold filter machine out there.

I keep a CZ70 specifically for use on the beach. You should find that it works very well in that environment. I would add one point to the excellent info already posted. If you use a coil cover and are getting in the water with it, very fine particles will find their way under the cover. If you are on a highly mineralized beach this will start to cause problems. You'll start getting false signals every time you swing. Those covers are tight and a real pain to remove for a daily cleaning. One solution is to apply a thin layer of baby oil before you put the cover on, thereby making it ten times easier to get off for cleaning. Another thing I've seen done (I haven't done it myself) is to put about 1/4 inch bead of clear silicone on the bottom of the coil and not use the cover at all.

When I have an hour left and want to concentrate on trying to get the gold, I only dig the mid tones. The thing is, with the 6a, nickels hit as high tone, so I have to read the meter to make sure it's not hitting on the nickel reading.

Not sure if the 70 has nickels as a mid tone or not, but I like that you can notch out the high tones.

The CZ's are great beach machines. Just remember to slow down when you are getting into the patches of targets. You can sweep a little faster in autotune/all metal mode until you hit the patches, then switch to discriminate mode, slow down, and the CZ will hit some deep targets and with pretty good accuracy on the readings too.

When at the beach, dig ALL the deep, faint signals. Even those that signal one way, or have multiple sounds ( high/mid tone). I have found deep nickels and small/thin gold pendants that signal like that.

He is going for the gold but its not perfect as some nice gold rings come in as nickles...and of course a large 10kt. gold ring may hit zinc penny..All about odds and one nice gold ring can make up for weeks of collecting clad coins..Nothing is perfect but certainly increases your chances for a gold ring or gold jewelry as not many gold rings come in as nickle and same goes for those large 10 kt. rings...Do be prepared to dig as if its a highly used beach lots of junk will imitate the gold..Watch the foil area as its the hot spot for thin womans gold rings with nice stones..Yep the superior notch system of the digital units are a plus over analog CZ's....