Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-70 pro Vs. CZ-3D

sgtm8411

Im looking at getting rid of my Explorer SE (which ive had for two weeks) and getting either a 70 or a 3D. I was wondering which one people felt was better and why? I am predominantly a coin shooter and i use a whites XLT which i love. I wanted to try something different though and splurged for the explorer SE which aside from its tremendous depth, hasnt impressed me much. It is difficult to pinpoint with (ill get a signal in motion but not when i switch to pinpoint). The LCD display is difficult to read with the slightest glare. It has interference issues and is very difficult to keep stable near any building even with the sens adjusted to super low. I've heard good things about both fisher CZ's and need some assistance in making the decision. Thanks
Mike in NY

I have both and have used them extensively. The CZ-70 is by far the most versatile and stable. When using the 3D around powerlines, you'll get more chatter than the 70, but it's always good to hit it again with the 3D since it pulls out many old coins and buttons that are midtone on the 70 to high tone on the 3D. Both are excellent machines, but at a new site to hunt, old or new, I always reach for the 70 first and it never lets me down. Here's just a few of my CZ-70 finds without my Barbers and most of my Roosies :)

[attachment 44883 2006_0217Image0009.JPG]

The cz 70 or 3d are good detector I have bouth,in fact I hve Christopher-Ohio,s cz 70 and use a 5" coil on it and it can get a dime at 8". The 3d will do the same, ( Christopher may have gotton a nother one?? ) I like the 5" coil over the 8" , it is very stable. And have found alot of goodys with it.

includes finds from my first CZ-70 that was awesome and was killed by a leaking, out of the blue, refrigerator water filter in my basement followed by the one Johnny is using. Yes, I did end up buying a used CZ-70 about the same age to take it's place since I'm having a hard time giving up the hobby due to work, family, and health reasons :(
That pic shows just a few of the finds without the silver halves, quarters, hundreds of wheaties, Barbers, or most of the Roosies. I have bags of old coins and relics all found with the CZ-70-still my overall favorite of all time...HH

6 to 8 inches down, high coin, 8 inch coil at an 1876 Victorian Italianate house front yard near the sidewalk not too far from our house...boy was I pumped!