Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz and nugget shooting

thompy

anyone tell me if the cz-6 is any good for nugget prospecting, i generally look for old silver and relics but want to do some searching for gold, last machine was a qxt. great depth but loved the iron.

Hey, what a coincidence! I used a CZ6a up in Alaska's brooks range a few years ago for prospecting. The ground was heavily mineralized (84-88 on the MXT GRND VDI) and there was something in the water (arsenic?) that shut down every other VLF unit. There were 2 other guys with Minelab SD2200d's there and the CZ & I showed 'em how it was done. Had to hunt in salt mode & used the 10.5" coil; was popping nuggets down to 1-2 grains. ...Willy.

thanks willy, wanted a t-2 but looks like i be short on cash, and the cz sound pretty awsome. my qxt liked the iron so i'll be use to that

Surprisingly, the pinpoint mode on the CZ is very hot, and I've picked up some very small things with it several times better than with a true non motion all metal ground balanced mode available on some other detectors. Also the widescan auto-tune mode will surprise you as it scans wider than the normal discriminate mode. Don't be afraid of the smaller loops either, as they have more resolution on the tinest targets. Experiment on 10K to 14K earrings post, and clasp, separately, as they are tiny and very hard to hit. Its also easy to see if you want to drop it into some black sand or other harsh mineral speciment and not lose it.