Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ depth in general...

Dan-Pa.

Depth can vary greatly depending on your ground...If we found coins in air ...air tests would be valuable.
Having said the above Tom does a super job tuning up analog CZ's as he sets parameters right on but depending on your unit depth can vary...

Jup.
That is correct, Dan.
But even Tom is giving a guideline on how to check the distance of a dime in air
with the 8 inch spider connected.
Like you said, this is not to show how it performs in soil, but it will let you know if your
comrade needs calibration.

Happy Hunting

Opinion does not a fact make. Just as my opinion is just that.

Anyone who can't find value in an air test has no full understanding of a metal detector.

Are we to assume ALL CZ's are not adjusted properly? What does Tom do to a detector that is already adjusted to maximum potential?

I'm wondering because I can adjust a carburetor to give extra performance through leaning out the fuel. But there is a good reason they don't do this at the factory.

Just asking!

Indeed opinions are like anal cavities...we all have one...

Bad or even semi-bad ground will bring a detector to his knees whether adjusted for peak efficiency or not...

The answer to your question is perhaps government regulations...

I have used Cz's for Years , But never a 1200 Machine? Wonder depth wise if the Legendary 1266 can Match a proper CZ?

Southwind, I think the reason you will struggle to find a cz-3d perfectly tuned from the factory is the time it takes to calibrate all the different parameters.

I remember correspondence with Tom D. a while back when he told me the amount of time he spends tuning them and if I recall correctly it was double digit hours. No way the factory invests those kind of man hours in a detector. Also I believe that his calibration standards are more exacting.

Beyond that, I think it is a labor of love for Tom and he takes particular pride in what he does for them. For the factory workers, it's just a job. The cz-3d, which constitutes the largest number of units he tunes, is his baby. As I understand it, he conceived and modded it for the old coins "enhanced" mode.

Dave Johnson omce wrote that a 1266 could equal a CZ in mild ground - in bad ground, no way. He designed both machines