Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ For the Beach

cometguy

I have a North Carolina beach hunting trip coming up in June. I have always used a CZ of one kind or another on the beach. I have a soft spot for CZs and have a few, lol. My choices for the trip are a CZ21, A CZ70 or a CZ7. I guess the CZ21 seems like a no brainer but does anybody have an opinion about which one to use? I plan on taking at least two of them and the CZ21 seems like a sure thing. I have always used a CZ70 on the beach and had good luck. The CZ 21 has the 10 inch coil and I have 12 inch for the other CZs. Just curious about your thoughts as I plan the trip. It will be all dry sand or low tide shallow and wet sand hunting. I am a land locked Indiana guy so just being on the beach is pretty cool to me. I sure would like to pull at least a few memorable targets.

Thanks, Don

Dry sand and low tide wet I would use the CZ70. At least when up in the dry you can run in normal mode if possible and gain more sensitivity to smaller low conductors. Can hip mount that 70 too for longer hunts.

CZ21 in the water.

I would take a few smaller coils for the 70 if you have them. Ya never know when you may find a spot that needs small coil work.

Get a good sand scoop if you don't have one.

Ditto on what therover said.

Some of the North Carolina beaches I've seen have been pretty heavy in black sand. The 8 inch coil will work better in the real heavy black sand than one of the bigger coils will.

Don't we all (soft spot for CZ's) I would go with the 21 get in the water man and maybe the CZ21 will feel lighter. Love the CZ's but my CZ5 with a 10.2" coil will wear me out in no time

does the CZ-70 have the 4th tone like the Pro?
Out of the surf I'd recommend a regular CZ; hunting in normal its a little hotter; putting it in salt cuts down the front end a little.
Surf is a no-brainer, do not want to drop a regular unit into that water. :cry:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you taking time to give me your input. I really hadn't thought about the small coil but will throw it in the bag for sure. Hopefully, I will have something to post when I get back.

Thanks, again, Don