Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ Ground Balance

Hey all, where do your CZ's usually ground balance and what does it mean? In my area in Northern Michigan my CZ70pro usually ground balances at about 3, I don't know if that's mild or hot. -Jay

The hotter the soil, the less rotation/movement it requires to GB. If the soil is inert or very mild, you may pass several numbers, cw or ccw, to GB. Some salt water beaches, the cz will sound the same on all numbers whilst pumping the coil...no minerals to GB out.

When pumping the coil to GB, it sounds like you are pulling the tone out of the ground or pushing the tone into the ground, depends where the GB knob starts out....1 to 10.

You want adjust the GB knob to get where the threshold tone is the same, or even. You are basically discriminating out the ground minerals when you ground balance your unit.

The distance you have to turn the knob, between the (( slight )) pull tone & push tone to get it neutral, tells you if your soil is low or high in minerals. If the soil is high, you will barely have to move the GB knob (cw or cc) in between the push and pull or the up and down of the coil. Clear as mud?

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me...thoughts to words are not my best area.

It was explained to me years ago by an old Fisher Tech that the number does not tell you hot or cold ground but the number movement to change from positive to negative does. Put your volume and sens. at 10 which helps you hear changes accurately and use the bobbing method for best balance...Of course after bobbing you can move the volume and sens. to your spec's....

When I ground balance my CZ70.I turn on the machine to about five swing the coil to find a spot that is free of targets,Then holding the coil and the pinpoint button slowly lower coil to the ground ajusting the knob until you dont hear a sound,thats it.Normally around 3 for the ground here in western Wa.