Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ ON GOLD

Depends on what gold you are looking for. I'd say a CZ would not be a good small gold nugget hunter or much good at getting the very thin gold chains. For gold rings, pendants, earrings and chains with good sized links; a CZ does very well.

I have a small nugget that a friend of mine in Arizona sent me a while back.
Pulled it out and set my CZ-6a at full sensitivity and discrimination zero
Waved the nugget in front of a good 8" coil
No signal
Tried it in all metal
No signal

I kinda thought it may be able to see it, but it couldn't.

To be successful get yourself a gold nugget unit.....on gold rings and such as good as any....remember dig those foil and foil to nickel jumps...

The CZ 20/21 is a well respected machine for beach and water gold jewelry...not sure about 'small chains or nuggets'...but it hits gold rings pretty dang hard...Norm Garnush, who is now gone, wrote quite a bit about hunting gold jewelry with a CZ20 on his "Golden Oldie" site...its a good read if you can find it and are interested in beach and water hunting for gold....Scubadetector also uses a CZ20/21 and finds a great amount of gold, including large chains....I used one for a few years and found some gold with it myself, you want to hip or chest mount the controls if you are wading or beach sweeping...most salt beach and water gold guys swear by the ML's... the fresh water and dirt guys are doing very well finding gold with the AtPro...gold is a funny target...
Mud

I have a CZ21 I just hit my 3rd piece of gold in 3 weeks with the machine, 2 earrings, 1 band all in saltwater. It is a very durable machine! I have owned a Excal great machine lacks durability, Sand Shark, great machine but prefer a silent hunter not a threshold. Presently also have a AT Pro great machine for dirt and dry sand for coin shooting and gold. Call some of the forum sponsors and ask their opinions most have many years of experience and want customers for life so they pretty much are straight shooters! I recommend BBH

Mudslinger