Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ20 issue

Cayo

Hi, everyone, I have an old CZ20 that I want to use while my Excal II is being repaired. The CZ hasn’t been used in years, but was working, and when I turn it on now, it only makes a continuous sound of the “large target.”
What part (or parts) is shot? I live in Mexico, so getting it repaired is impossible, but I did open it up years ago (before Excal) to solder a broken wire, so if I could get a part, I could probably change it out. Thanks for any help. I REALLY don’t want to be without a machine.

Hi, everyone, I have an old CZ20 that I want to use while my Excal II is being repaired. The CZ hasn’t been used in years, but was working, and when I turn it on now, it only makes a continuous sound of the “large target.”
What part (or parts) is shot? I live in Mexico, so getting it repaired is impossible, but I did open it up years ago (before Excal) to solder a broken wire, so if I could get a part, I could probably change it out. Thanks for any help. I REALLY don’t want to be without a machine.
Well, here's the dilemma you face... I had the very similar thing happen to my old cz20 late last spring ( 2022 ). All it would do is sound like it was pinpointing. Any way it got sent back for evaluation. The first thing they will do is upgrade to a cz21 since no parts are available to the old 20. After a couple of weeks I got the full report. New coil, mother board and upgrade headset. Total cost was around 575.00 or there about. I thought about just scrapping it, but a new purchase was double+, so I gave them the go ahead. They returned it, I gave it a spin to make sure it worked as it should ( it did ).

That's what your looking at. If ya send it in now you may have it back in 6-8 weeks.

Well, shoot. I'll have to think about it. The shipping to Mexico issue is the BIG problem. Last time I talked to-- is it Oscar?--well, that was many years ago, he said I could turn in my 20 for the 21 but they needed the serial number and/or original receipt (bought in 199:geek:. A quick search shows one on sale for around $1,000 (original $1,799). Anyway, thanks so much for the response, Mark.

I had that happen on a 6A and it was my coil connection in the unit. They will upgrade to a CZ-21 if they still have parts. You might contact Keith Wills at East Texas Metal Detectors also: