Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ20 Mid Tones Only Shallow

flysar

I picked up a 10.5" CZ20 and while air testing I get a high tone on nickels and 3 sizes of gold rings except within 2-3" of the coil, then I get a mid tone.
I also have a 8" CZ20 and I get a solid mid tone through all air tested depths, as designed; settings were identical.

Two questions
Is that typical for the larger coil?
Do you think Fisher can/will make that adjustment without me being charged the $300 conversion? I'll call them in the morning.

I think that mid tone is key when gold hunting, especially when you don't have much time and want to pass on the zincs.

Standard tune is for nickles to be high tone; with either 8 inch or 10.5 inch coil. My CZ20 has been tuned to make a nickle mid-tone. Do call and talk with them. If you send it in and it won't pressure test to full specifications, it will probably force a conversion to CZ21.

tvr said:
Standard tune is for nickles to be high tone; with either 8 inch or 10.5 inch coil. My CZ20 has been tuned to make a nickle mid-tone. Do call and talk with them. If you send it in and it won't pressure test to full specifications, it will probably force a conversion to CZ21.

Did Fisher, yourself, someone else retune the nickel to mid tone?
I'm glad my 8" responds with mid tone on nickels. I would think all water machines would be set that way "gold".
Thank you