Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ20..Question..Thx

LS hunter

I was wondering if you guys knew what's the charge to upgrade a CZ20 to CZ21 and do you guys feel it's worth the cost...I'm new to the Cz family,,,I hunt mainly Saltwater on rare occasion fresh.... any tips would be most appreciated...Thx Greg..

I saw quoted prices on broken ones sent in for repair....awful expensive I thought however do not remember the exact amount.
If your CZ20 is working leave well enough alone....

Dan's right, If it works, don't fix it.

The "upgrade" is not a performance improvement. It's a redesign that was necessary due to unavailability of original mechanical components. There's more to it than that, but that's the basic idea.

The CZ20 I got about 7 years ago was used when I got it and already had the pinpoint button removed and the switch opening sealed. With that potential failure point eliminated, I kind of expect that it will continue to keep going for a long time to come. A big DITTO to the above two posts.
Cheers,
tvr

I have heard that its $300 and worth it but I started with a CZ21 so don't know how the CZ20 works in comparison.

Basic tips are to hunt in autotune and switch to disc 0 to discriminate. I wrote a book on the cz21 on amazon that goes into tons of details on the machine but if you have specific questions ask away.

The upgrade is 299.00. HOWEVER, IF it needs a new coil or new headphones that cost is extra. I totally agree not broke don't fix. I would caution on never using the pinpoint on the CZ-20. That was the fist thing that went. Learn to see where the beep is. I never touch it on my CZ-21's