Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 Air test (Interesting)

Tony

I know air tests don't hold a lot of value except maybe comparing the performance between the same model but for my unit, having the GB on 1 gave significantly more depth/sensitivity than with a GB of 10.

Also, the faster I waved the targets in front of the coil, the further I could detect them.

And finally, having the SENS on 10 certainly gave the best performance in DISC. I'm sure I read somewhere that a SENS of about 6 was optimum for DISC mode but not on my unit.

These were my readings for the CZ21 with 8" coil.

AIR TESTS: For Maximum depth
Sensitivity at 10
GB at 1
Quick sweep
DISC/AUTOTUNE

Dime: 9” / 12”
Nickel: 9” / 11”
Quarter: 10” / 13”
Australian $1: 10” / 13”
Australian $2: 9” / 12”
18K Gold ring: 10” / 14”

I though I would post this as CZ21 owners may be thinking why their model isn't performing the same as someone else. Having the settings the same across models may close the gap.

Tony.

Tony,
Good to see you frequenting the CZ forum. Always good to have more detectorists observing and posting on these deep detectors.

Tony said:
the faster I waved the targets in front of the coil, the further I could detect them.

I'm guessing that you have observed the disc mode getting deeper in the dirt or sand with a slow sweep; detector needs to read the ground matrix. Can speed up some in auto tune, but not too much.

Tony said:
having the SENS on 10 certainly gave the best performance in DISC.

A few years back I started hunting the beaches with the CZ in auto tune. I really have to thank therover for some discussions that convinced me to spend more time exploring beaches on auto tune. To hear the threshold, it needs a high sensitivity setting; say 8 to 9 or so on the CZs that I have. When I'd get a threshold rise, I'd just flip to disc 0 and sweep slow and get good IDs sweeping over the target area. Thinking maybe I could just detect in Disc mode at high sensitivity, I gave it a try. For me, that didn't go so well as I found myself chasing false signals. Flipping back to auto tune would verify that I was falsing on the ground for most hits in disc with a high sensitivity setting. By first hunting in auto tune and then flipping to disc to check, my CZs have pulled up some targets as deep if not deeper than I've pulled with any of the pulse induction detectors I have used (Sand Shark, and Head Hunter Pulse). I've found auto tune to be a little deeper than disc. When I can hear a target in auto tune and get nothing when just flipping to disc, I know I'll be digging a few scoops.

Thanks for posting! Hope to hear more from down under.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks tvr,

It's certainly an impressive detector although I continue to wonder why some CZ21's are deeper in DISC while another is deeper in AUTOTUNE ??

HH,

Tony.

I've relic hunted with CZ's for years. I've found minie balls that I could barley pinpoint. I really don't think the all metal mode on them is that much more sensitive than the discrimination mode when its ran with zerow discrimination. Just saying guys. I used fisher cz's as my go to machines for years. But I'm not hunting salt water beaches. I do still have a cz3d 1021 that I'll keep for ever. HH Tim

tvr said:
A few years back I started hunting the beaches with the CZ in auto tune. I really have to thank therover for some discussions that convinced me to spend more time exploring beaches on auto tune. To hear the threshold, it needs a high sensitivity setting; say 8 to 9 or so on the CZs that I have. When I'd get a threshold rise, I'd just flip to disc 0 and sweep slow and get good IDs sweeping over the target area. Thinking maybe I could just detect in Disc mode at high sensitivity, I gave it a try. For me, that didn't go so well as I found myself chasing false signals. Flipping back to auto tune would verify that I was falsing on the ground for most hits in disc with a high sensitivity setting. By first hunting in auto tune and then flipping to disc to check, my CZs have pulled up some targets as deep if not deeper than I've pulled with any of the pulse induction detectors I have used (Sand Shark, and Head Hunter Pulse). I've found auto tune to be a little deeper than disc. When I can hear a target in auto tune and get nothing when just flipping to disc, I know I'll be digging a few scoops.

Thanks for posting! Hope to hear more from down under.
Cheers,
tvr

I agree - I find its better to hunt this way as well. I like autotune and its an easy flip of the switch to check in disc. I just wish they would make the pinpoint button a '0' in disc instead of pinpoint.

Tony said:
It's certainly an impressive detector although I continue to wonder why some CZ21's are deeper in DISC while another is deeper in AUTOTUNE ??

My guess would be variations based on the tuning at the factory. There is always going to be a small variation of settings so one may get 2 inches more than the next one. Thats why when someone has a 'hot' machine they never want to sell it. I also think this is the reason why you see either the excal or CZ21 outperforming one another on depth tests in some cases - one was hot and the other was not.

I agree with both tvr and adambomb- I would add that in auto the cz21 seems to be sensitive to hot rocks but in disc the target disappears . I also hunt auto and switch to disc to see if its iron. If I'm out in the water though(vs wet sand) I won't bother and dig almost everything. I've come up with quarters that were 2 scoops down that started out as an iron target sound.