Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 and Imedion 9.6v NiMH batteries

Tony

Can anyone confirm whether the Imedion NiMH (9.6V) rechargeable batteries fit inside the CZ21 battery case?

I have a CZ21 on the way and a chance to get some of the above batteries and charger very cheap.

Thanks,
Tony.

Some of the rechargables are a little over the standard size, some aren't. Standard alkaline batteries are not a real tight fit, so there may be a little wiggle room for slightly oversized cells. Check the specifications to see if they list actual size.

I use alkalines. The BJ wholesale club brand of batteries are working well for me, even in the Pulse Induction detector that I have that just does not like Duracells. They are an inexpensive way to go for 9 volt batteries.

With four batteries in the CZ20 I get plenty of run time; would imagine the CZ21 would be similar. Haven't timed battery life with the CZ20, but I have had no trouble with the CZ20 way more than paying for batteries with finds.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the NiMH batteries will squeeze in okay.
Tony

Tony,
I just searched the specs on the Imedion 9.6 and the Eveready 9 volt alkaline batteries. The Imedion dimensions listed are the same as the maximum dimensions listed for the Eveready 9 volt. They should fit just fine.

When you get them and do some detecting, let us know how they work for you.
tvr

That is great news....thanks for doing the legwork. I Googled something similar but couldn't find the details that you found.

Should have the CZ21 in a week or two as it has to be ordered in from the USA (I am in Australia).

With the Aussie dollar in free fall against the US dollar, I was pleased to see that the Australian price remains at $1299 for the 8" model...this is just over $1000 US so I can't complain about that.

Actually cheaper here than the US........crazy as we pay way too much for most things !!

HH
Tony

Tony said:
That is great news....thanks for doing the legwork. I Googled something similar but couldn't find the details that you found.

Should have the CZ21 in a week or two as it has to be ordered in from the USA (I am in Australia).

With the Aussie dollar in free fall against the US dollar, I was pleased to see that the Australian price remains at $1299 for the 8" model...this is just over $1000 US so I can't complain about that.

Actually cheaper here than the US........crazy as we pay way too much for most things !!

HH
Tony

yes please PM me where you bought the CZ21 in AU for that price I want one also. sure its not a
Fisher 1280x you bought??
cheers
AJ

That price was discontinued shortly after I purchased the detector in early 2015.......there were rumours of a price rise and that proved to be the case.
They are now stupid expensive !

I should have bought two when they were cheap.

Tony.

Tony said:

Tony

Tony,
I'm curious as to how well the Imedion batteries are working for you.
I'm getting a CZ 21 soon and want to decide on which rechargables work well.

The 9.6V batteries are perfect....hold a high charge for quite some time.

I usually hunt for about 15 hours before recharging and there is still plenty of juice left in them.

They do come off the charger with 10+ volts but no problems for the detector.

The Maha charger does 4 x 9V batteries at once which is a bonus.