Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 Autotune Threshold :confused:

Tony

Okay guys, help me out on this one...

Does the AUTOTUNE have a threshold and is it preset or can it be adjusted?

I may have read somewhere that it can be adjusted with the SENS control but then what happens to the SENS setting.

Am i missing something.....:stars:

Thanks,
Tony

Autotune threshold is controlled with the sensitivity control. On both the CZ20 and CZ6A that I have, to get an audible threshold takes a sensitivity setting somewhere between 8 and 9 depending on the background sound levels (wind, etc). When you switch to discriminate, it retains the sensitivity setting, which for most hunting conditions to too high and gives falses when running discrimination mode. That said, when hunting the wet sand I will frequently run autotune for sweeping the beach and just flip to discriminate 0 to check a target and not change the sensitivity. Slow coil speed moving just over what has already been identified as metal in autotune mode gives good readings with the high sensitivity in discriminate mode.
Hope that helps a little.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks again TVR for helping out with my questions.
I downloaded the user manual but that information wasn't there so thanks for that !
HH
Tony

Don't know why anyone would hunt in any mode except all metal when beach hunting! Even if you switch to the discrimination it will probably show pull tab or junk, unless it's a coin. I dig everythin when beach/water hunting. Never know what you might miss.

Old geezer said:
Don't know why anyone would hunt in any mode except all metal when beach hunting! Even if you switch to the discrimination it will probably show pull tab or junk, un
less it's a coin. I dig everythin when beach/water hunting. Never know what you might miss.

Ain't that the truth, always dig everything at the beach, digging just to easy in the sand, not to dig it all.

TVR is correct. I find when I am in the water, I use autotune and lower my sensitivity down a little. For me it seems to work better. In the wet sand I never use autotune.

Tony, are you still waiting for your CZ21, I have had one on order since mid December, Goldscan are supposed to be the importers to Aust. but I've had absolutely no joy in being able to obtain my unit....have you got yours yet?

Furious T said:
Tony, are you still waiting for your CZ21, I have had one on order since mid December, Goldscan are supposed to be the importers to Aust. but I've had absolutely no joy in being able to obtain my unit....have you got yours yet?

Sent you a PM