Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 Mount/Shaft

adamBomb

Anyone know where to get a custom shaft for the CZ21? Or how to make one (I would love to just mod the shaft that came with it)? I know anderson sells them for $119. I am looking for something like in these pics on this post where the control box is on the back: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?23,1843525

Here is the pic from the forum:

file.php

That looks like a whites straight shaft with a upside down modified/cut fisher CZ-20/21 hand grip holding the CZ-20.

I thinking this piece might do the job, assuming I mount the belt clip to it: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-clamp-on-switch-mount-for-7-8-inch-handlebars

I like the Anderson 36" straight shaft on my CZ-21 I also have one on my Tesoro Sand Shark. Top quality product and worth the $119.00. The only thing you need to do is add an extra piece of stick back thin foam like the arm cuff padding material cut to fit on top of and in the slot on top of the little piece of existing foam padding in the slot that pins around the shaft on the piece that attaches to the control box. Anderson puts a little thin piece of stick on foam padding on the bracket and it allows a miner rattle of the control box on the shaft when swinging the detector. By adding This extra padding it will take any or all the play out of the control box mount and keep it from rattling on the shaft at all and keep it tight on the push in lock pins that hold the control box in place. A five second $2.00 fix and all is good. It will be snug at first but will settle in just fine.

Also a small strip of the soft furry Velcro on the center bottom of the slide in plate to the control box right in the middle on the bottom between the control box and bracket running the length of the plate makes this piece just right and it slides on to the control box slightly snug, just right not real easy like without it. The control box now does not move or slide on the bracket back and fourth so easily now ( some may be ok with that but I did not care for it) Now everything is tight and right no rattles, no play in anything. Some guys remove the push pins on the rod and replace them with Allen head S/S bolts and tighten the bracket on to the shaft. I do like to be able to remove the control box quickly if needed so I just prefer the mentioned fix for these very small issues that may not even be an issue to others.

Happy Hunting All, :detecting:
Bill G