Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 sound on lead sinkers

Tony

Do lead sinkers generate a low tone on the CZ21 or does it depend on the size of the sinkers (which range from pea size to larger "spoon" size).

I have been detecting a popular swimming area which I now know is a popular fishing area !

Today I dug 93 assorted lead weights to get one gold ring and a pile of coins......I'd like to be able to leave the lead behind. I currently use a PI.

Thanks for any help,
Tony

Lead in size from very small split shot weights to large sinkers come in mid-tone. They come in right were the gold does. :cry:

......man I'm going to get fit with all the digging....:)

Large or small depends on what tone but unfortunately just about where all your gold rings come in so a must dig in most cases if wanting gold rings to put in the pouch...Because of their weight hard to tell one from the other which is not the case with much lighter tabs....

Yeah...what everybody said...:sadwalk: There is a bright side to this though, nobody has ever hunted that place with that many sinkers, and you found some GOLD! So double plus good!:clapping:
Mud

........agreed. Found some old silver coins in great condition but the old Australian copper pennies were almost paper thin.
When lead reaches the prices of gold then I'll be a rich man !

The area is a reef area with a very shallow sand base so all retrievals require dropping down and fanning for the target.

Thanks for the replies,
Tony.

The good news is where the lead concentrates in the water, so does the gold. It sounds the same, so you dig both. The rotten thing is small lead falls through the holes in the scoop and sometimes you are digging the same one many times over.

will*in*cali said:
I will dig 100 junk for 1 gold anyday of the week!!!

So would I.

sniper4gold said:
The rotten thing is small lead falls through the holes in the scoop and sometimes you are digging the same one many times over.

That is why I mostly use the scoop in the picture. It is big and heavy and does not sift sand and mud as quickly as a scoop with larger holes. It is very seldom that I have to dig the same target twice because it fell through the holes when I'm using this scoop.
Cheers,
tvr

tvr's scoop is good in shallow water but if you are waist deep your head is under water about as much as it is above water. I use a long handle scoop and in areas that may contain small item, like sinkers, I attach a thin piece of plastic with plastic ties and drill a small hole in the center on each opening. The plastic only needs to be about half way up each side. I know, that's a lot of drilling but who wants to loose a gold earring?

Old geezer said:
tvr's scoop is good in shallow water but if you are waist deep your head is under water about as much as it is above water.

Yes ... well ... to clarify, the picture is of the scoop before putting the post hole digger handle on it. I've been shoulder deep and not been head under water when digging targets with this scoop mounted to a post hole digger handle. That is, unless there is a wave that I missed seeing and failed to bob up with the water.
Cheers,
tvr