Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21

no, not necessary. just clean the seal and the channel before closing it up. you don't need a ton of torque on the battery screws either...just finger tight and turn another 1/4" with a coin, if memory serves me correctly.

I suppose it depends upon how deep you are planning to go too...beachguy is right, be careful to not overtighten and crack those ears off, and pay attention to that gasket location and all that too...I used to lube mine up with a heavy grease made for outboard motor Orings, since I have a tube laying around here..and still do on my AtPro battery compartment Oring with no ill effects after 3yrs....although folks recommend silicone Oring grease like from a hot tub or dive shop...
Mud

Manual says do not use lubricant on the gasket. Only place that lubrication is recommended is on the screws.

Directly from the manual:
"Lithium grease is installed between the contact surfaces of the thumb-screw and insert in the case.
a. Do not wipe off the grease.
b. With usage, the grease may wear off.
c. Without grease, the thumb-screw may seize up after tightening. If this happens, reapply a small amount of lithium grease between the contact surfaces"

And:

"Battery Compartment
1. Remove the battery cover and check for water after each use in water.
2. Keep the sealing surfaces of the battery cover and control housing clean and free of scratches and nicks. Remove and clean the neoprene gasket frequently. Lubricating the gasket is not recommended. Clean the gasket with mild soap and warm water only. Do not use petroleum jelly or silicone grease at any time.
3. Re-install gasket correctly (see illustration next page) "

Here is a link to the manual: CZ21 Manual

I always strongly encourage the frequent reading of the manual for your particular detector!
Cheers,
tvr