Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ3D 1021 Model ?

goldman55

Person wants to trade me detectors. I have had Fisher F75SE a Teknetics T2SE I always go back had a Gold Bug Pro. He has a very very nice CZ3D 1021 with 2 coils 8' and the 5" gets 11.5" on a dime to 12". I have never looked at the CZ models. What would it be worth? best guess it is very nice looks New.
Any help would be App.

Thanks Bill

It is pretty hard to say, but from what you said I would spitball $550-650. It usually boils down to what both parties are happy exchanging.

Bill - Kind of hard to guesstimate based on the info given.

Since you said 11.5 to 12" on a dime, I'm going to guess it hasn't been calibrated/certified by Tom Dankowski since he always gives an exact depth to the closest tenth of an inch in his mid Florida dirt.

My thought is Pastor Tom's estimate of 550-600 is probably overly optimistic for a unit that hasn't been certified, even in excellent condition with two coils.

It's also worth noting that I was told by Mr. Dankowski that it is not uncommon for the impedence to be out of spec on the cz 5" coil, thus making IDing inaccurate.

Probably a high estimate if its not certified or you can test it out before buying..Seems like CZ's are not bringing big bucks as some of the new models just don't have the depth of the original Fisher models...

Well I try to be a bit optimistic but watching _Bay and forum listings, I don't think I am too far off. There has seemed to be a sag in pricing lately and guys seem to find sweet deals on nice machines from somewhere all the time. I had Tom do My CZ5 and it didn't seem to make much of a difference price wise. I notice no one else ventured a dollar amount. A nice 1021 with 2 coils in great shape? If you are selling would you be happy taking less then $500? Of course, if you are buying $400 would be sweet city. I still say less than $550 is not a win-win, well maybe $500, just my HO. And note I am coming at this from California.

You are right on Tom...I just bought a used CZ-3D with 2 coils (8" & 10.5") off of the popular C____'slist in that range. It wasn't Tom-tuned...but it was a 1021 serial #. I would have paid some more if it was tuned by Tom but just having the 1021 Los Banos unit made it worth the cost for me. So you're not far off in your "guess-timate". BTW...it was in really good condition also.

Charles

Used detector prices have seemed a little soft to me lately, but just now looking at recent fleabay prices for the usually depth-inferior used First Texas cz-3ds, maybe I was undervaluing the 1021 a little.

Regardless of how much $ it would actually fetch, it ought to be a good unit if it's air testing a dime at 11.5-12"

I asked the question over at Nasa Tom's website about whether the new CZ-3D's were still questionable compared to the 1021's. There wasn't a consensus (other than everyone agreeing the 1021's are good) about the newest CZ's coming off the assembly line. Apparently, the new ones now are good now that Dave J has re-instituted the quality control and calibration procedures from back in the Los Banos days. If true, then that should start chipping away at the 1021 price premium if it hasn't already. I wish Tom would weigh in since undoubtedly he's seen a lot of the new ones that are supposedly back up to Los Banos standards and can verify whether that's true. I'm sorely tempted to go ahead and buy a new one and take my chances. :drool:

As of now, I'm seeing 1021 CZ-3D's Tom D certified going for $500-600 which is quite remarkable given their age and older technology. But raw performance is what it's all about!

sounds like a good price with 2 coils, the 1021 and 1121 holds about this price. I see them sell for 550 with just one coil.

I wouldn't be able to sell my 3d that cheap. I'm the origional owner (1021) and with the 8" coil it hi tones a dime at 12.2". Heck I wouldn't sell it for twice that.

Yes guys I got my 1021in 04 new. I'll never get rid of that deep iron loving machine. Its paid for its self over & over. I've dug a thousand minie balls with it. HH