Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ3D meter readings

Whimpster

Hi I recently bought a used CZ3D...been doing some air testing and have noticed the meter reading low or incorrect on ID'ing coins?
Can anyone give me a example on what it should be on a Mercury dime ,1940's quarter, Morgan silver dollar, 1929 buffalo nickel and a Wheat penny?
Getting about 9.5" on a mercury dime (high tone) air test...
This is a newer CZ3D mfg: in 02/23/2012.

Thanks,Bob.

High tone ,highest coin segment on all coin's except Buffalo should read high tone nickel in enhanced mode.

Harold,

Thanks for the reply....best I can get on silver.....ID's just inside the zinc penny zone...thats with a mercury dime 1944 quarter,and Morgan silver dollar.
Buffalo nickel ID's on the line between square tab and nickel.
The tones are right on, it's the meter readings that seem to be off a bit.
Wondering if it's worth sending it in for a recalibrate.....

Thanks for the reply

Bob.

Harold said:
High tone ,highest coin segment on all coin's except Buffalo should read high tone nickel in enhanced mode.

I would sent it to Tom D. since it is used. He has a website just google his name and send him a P.M. as it is out of Calibration in my opinion. I send him all my CZ's regardless because I know when He is done it will be at it's peak performance! It is worth every penny. IMHO.

Just tried another test...with the discrim set on 6 I still get a tone on a US 2001 zinc penny?
Is this right?
Hummm....

Harold,

Guess thats what I'm going to do...just a pain..I'm in Canada..

Harold said:
I would sent it to Tom D. since it is used. He has a website just google his name and send him a P.M. as it is out of Calibration in my opinion. I send him all my CZ's regardless because I know when He is done it will be at it's peak performance! It is worth every penny. IMHO.

The pain is worth it, contact Tom D.

Thanks for the reply Steve,

This CZ3D was the one the GeorgiaCanuck bought from Kellyco a couple years ago...
This sucker has gone from Florida to Vancouver now Nova Scotia....got more miles on it then my 2010 Chevy..:)
Guess I have to decide if it's going back to Florida...

Cheers, Bob.

Steve O said:
The pain is worth it, contact Tom D.

Bob, just thought of something. Have the serial # handy when you get in touch with Tom D. He keeps records of the units he has worked on. I don't think he put his stickers on the units when he first started. If he has worked on your cz, no sense in sending it....unless it's possible the unit went out of calibration....ask him.

Unit appears to be out of calibration and Tom has the touch to bring out the best....Never heard a bad word about him....I really don't know if he would deal out of US but give him a call....

Well lads.....spoke to Tom today....detector is boxed up and one it's way to him.
Now the waiting game......just like a kid at Christmas :)

Thanks guys for the replies...will let you know when I get her back...

Cheers Bob.

Good move, let us know what the outcome is. Spoke to him before the holidays and will be sending mine down after the new unit gets here. Like what it does now but just for piece of mind I guess. Heard nothing but good about Tom and what he can do to a CZ

My CZ-3D is a newer model and it turned out to be a great one, Tom certified it to 13.5 inches

Son!!! not looking at anything like that back on mine. Really happy with what the 5'' coil is showing though already in the trash.

Wow!....mine is also one of the newer one's...mfg in 2012.
I was getting a dime at 9.5 inches...would be great to get a bit more depth:)
We will see....

uselesspulltab said:
My CZ-3D is a newer model and it turned out to be a great one, Tom certified it to 13.5 inches

Yep my cz, doesn't miss anything I've only dug 3 targets deep enough to max the depth meter so far lol. Got some horrible clay stuff at one of the parks I hunt so most coins stay near surface. The cz doesnt seem to mind all the minerals in the soil here inow California when I had an at pro it said ground was a 98 on ground mineral, meter so pretty bad stuff.