Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5, CZ6a Question

two questions actually:

I have 2x CZ5 and 1xCZ6a; when I put it in "salt" mode, and go to a saltwater beach, it's automatically ground balanced. No amount of fiddling with the ground balance control would change anything, is this normal or is there something wrong with the three machines?

Now, I also waterproofed it , put inside a otterbox, and used it for shallow saltwater hunting. Again, the ground balance control has no effect. In the water, there is always some falsing when the coil sweeps over the sand bottom or bump against it; again is this normal?

I've heard of people with CZ's able to ground balance on saltwater beach, and the balance control do have some effect...but my experience has been the opposite; with all my 3 machines! Help...

Comments welcome.

Ken

No minerals to balance to or disc out. So when you turn the knob, makes no change...normal on inert salt beaches.

An otterbox is a waterproof dive box, to hold equipment so water doesn't get in them.
I put the control box in there, hardwire the coil and headphones; so it'll work in shallow water.

I'll try lowering the sensitivity.

Ken