Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5 is broken

u2robert

Before I send it off to fisher I'll ask if anyone had this problem with the CZ5 turn on and nothing happens the only thing that works is the battery test the needle on the meter moves/jumps to the far right position passing a coin under the coil the meter will move a little and no sound with or without the headphones battery's are new circuit boards are clean and there is no signs of corrosion or burnt circuits or anything like that, one thing I did notice is the ribbon connector does not seat all the way down, on my other CZ5 the ribbon connector goes down to the top of the spike plate (don't know what to call it) were as this connector is about 1/8 of an inch above the top of the spike plate? any and all help would be much appreciated thank you.

It very well could be the connection-I would think it would approximate your other unit; and the cables can short out also.
Write Dave Johnson and ask him--he designed it.
You can personal message him here at Finds @ Dave J.
or email him @
djohnson@frsttx.com

Dave doesn’t fix CZ’s - Fisher tech’s do. Call fisher and talk to one of them. Give Dave a break, he’s pretty busy working on new innovative detector technology.

Just a suggestion.

he does not mind talking about the various detectors he has made-giving out information is not "repairs,"
Most detector makers are more than glad to give out info & help minimize problems.
Sure call FRL, and ask for Felix, and he always says.....send it in.
You will probably need to, but on (rare) occasion people do repair a very, minor problem.
(but if its under warranty-do not; you void the warranty)

Not under warranty. I called Fisher before this post and yes Felix told me to send it in and he was pleasant about it. I was hoping if it's a minor problem I could fix it. anyway Thanks Guys.