Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5 Mode selector knob

kevinnc

Does anyone know where I can get a knob for it. Mine is cracked and slips when changing modes. First Texas said they don't sell that part, and I would have to send it in to be fixed???? Just for a knob!

If you have an older model the knobs are not available, Fisher should be able to sell you a knob or perhaps a complete set for newer models...call again you must have been talking to an uniformed employee for lack of more applicable description...ridiculous to send in unit for a knob????

fisherexport <fisherexport@fisherlab.com>

Nov 24 (2 days ago)

to me
Hello,

The part number you are requesting is not available from us for sale.

You will need to send your unit in and have it replaced by our technicians.

Thank you,

Rick Padilla
Fisher Labs Order Management
e: fisherexport@fisherlab.com

Dan-Pa, I remember you from posting a lot years ago. I got away for a while and am now getting back into a hobby I love.

Keith Wills @ http://www.brokendetector.com/
or take the knob off and hit Home Depot or an electronics parts house (even try Dave Johnson @ Fisher)
.....you night not match knob exactly, but shaft sizes are std; and you just need one with a side set-screw.

I will try and find a third party knob. I asked them how much would it cost to send it in to be fixed, just to see what they said. It was suppose to have a lifetime warranty and they wouldn't give me a price estimate at all.

I pulled on the knob and the plastic knob came off a metal one. Just a cover. I can glue it back. The metal knob don't slip. lol

The metal knob under the plastic cover is held on by a allen screw. The plastic is what cracked and is slipping. I pulled on it and the plastic part came off. I can use the metal knob fine, but can't see where it is set.
I'll take pics of it.