Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5 questions

SkiWhiz

Got a nice CZ5 changed to CZ3D spec's and calibrated by Tom D to 11 inches from Dan the CZ Man. Been reading the forum to learn everything that I can about them. In simple terms does a CZ (in my case a CZ5) that has been sent to Tom D. get boosted for a lack of a better word and does he make the nickel come in as a high tone. Trying to understand what changes are made. Hope to try it out this weekend. Happy Easter everyone! Steve

SkiWhiz,
Nickle comes in high tone. What Tom does in the 3D tune (like in the 3D from the factory) is make some of the high tone ranges a little wider so that some of the older coins come in as high tone and not mid tone. Some old nickles are a little off where a new nickle is. Likewise, Indian head pennies are a little off where Lincoln pennies are. The 3D tune will make those coins beep high tone.

The difference with the real CZ3D and a CZ5 or 6 tuned to 3D is that the real 3D has 4 tones and the CZ5 or 6 tuned to a 3D is still 3 tones, just with a little bit of a difference on what is accepted as high tone vs what is mid tone.

Tom did some write ups in the Fisher Intelligence reports on the 3D with it's enhanced (old coin) mode that are posted on the fisher product resources pages. Here is a link to the report that has details on the 3D tune: Fisher Intelligence report 4
tvr

Thank you tvr, I appreciate it. It says Stb. 9 ID 6 Salt = Grnd. Bal. = sign with a sqwiggly line on top of the equal symbol. 11.0" on the sticker that Tom D. put on the detector & was curious if these seem to be decent numbers.

Steve tvr gave a good post on the differences....ended up with 2 CZ's and glad you got it as its going to a good home....family health problems keep me from traveling so kept the conventional CZ.....as just not in position for oldcoin hunting which the 3D is made for....

Steve, stability at 9 is very good, because that is a 1-10 scale with 10 being the most stable.

ID 6 means how well the unit IDs at depth. Again, a 1-10 scale with 10 being the best.

Tom explained the salt = squiggle line on top thing to me but it's over my head. I believe he's saying the salt balance is on the positive side of neutral, but I don't know what that means.

11.0 is a decent depth # for the cz-5. With a cz-3d, a hot unit is in the 12" range give or take a few tenths, but from what I've seen a hot cz-5 is more in the 11" range.

Many thanks Dan & marcomo.

I think 11 inches on a dime is a keeper.

Here is a post with information that WV62 reported: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?43,2350208,2354479#msg-2354479