Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz6a companion?

bailey1

I have a Tom tuned and 3d altered cz6a that I am very happy with but would like a detector that will handle separation and deep iron nails better. I have read many posts on all brand forums and watched too many youtube videos trying to narrow the field. I hunt mostly old homesites. As you know, that doesn't mean that a home site say from the 1800's will not have been occupied in the late 1900's and hold a lot of modern trash or be littered with deep rusty nails. This seems to be where the cz struggles. However, after researching, maybe most struggle in that environment. I have considered the f75, racer2, and even the fors relic. Like I said, I really like my cz and find my share with it and will keep and use it regardless. But what say you? Is there a good companion to the cz that will add separation in the trash and keep good depth?

bailey1,
For the money, the Racer 2 would probably be my first choice. The Fors Core, or Relic should be great as well. F-75 is OK...more of a great 'all-rounder', though.

I guess it all depends on what you're looking FOR in the old homesites. If you're mostly looking for coins, then the Racer 2 would probably do just fine. It's new ID range should target coins better than the R1.
If you're looking for relics, the the Fors Relic might have an advantage. (The testers are all drooling over it.) :)

Also depends on your budget...if it's tight, then Tesoro has always had a great/superb reputation for hunting in iron. They generally don't have a TID though. Although some people actually prefer that.
If the sky's the limit, there's always the XP Deus...if you find the right combination of settings to 'unlock' your soil/conditions. It loves to hunt in iron.

When all is said and done...if it were me, I'd go the R2 route.

Good luck with whatever you choose,
mike

Thanks Mike. I hunt civil war sites when I can but they are 100 + miles travel. I hunt a park or old school when I have only a hour or two (not so much a clad hunter). So the old home sites are where I hunt when I have time. Enjoy the old relics, and the occasional silver that the old home sites offer. I had a Tesoro Bandito micro max and liked it. Yea, the field testers really do like the Fors Relic. I think the open gate audio is beneficial in the trash.