Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ6a

I recently acquired a CZ6a as part payment for work done on a gentleman's house.

It's in very good condition, no scratches, headphones, coil measures 10 1/2" opened design.:thumbup:

The CZ6a was about a year ago send in and "tune up".:clapping:

I have a few questions, that I sure the members here could answer.:please:

1. what is the value of this detector? , the reason I ask this is because I still have to bill the gentleman for the balance of the work, and he let me take the CZ6a to asset, and place a value on it as part payment, I want to give a "fair' credit for the detector, so please keep this in mind when giving me your thoughts on the value.

2. From the description,"coil measures 10 1/2" opened design", can you me tell what coil this is?:unsure:

3. What other coils are available for the CZ6a, and where to buy?:help:

If anyone has any advice as to which coils are best for different conditions, thanks.

Any help would be great!!:super:

Thanks,
Skip

can range in price from 250.00 to 350.00 depending on condition. The coil you have is known as a 10.5 coil and is concentric. There are several coils available for the CZ6a besides the 10.5 that your unit came with. The 5 inch (for high trash or median hunting) The 8 inch (all around general purpose loop with excellent depth) and the Sunray 12.5 (FZ-12 for beach hunting and covering large areas in a short amount of time). The 5 and 8 inch can be purchased from a forum sponsor. The FZ-12 is discontinued but can still be found from time to time (used) on the classifieds. Hope this helps.

Ray

It's a good detector, Skip.
Even though it's over 15yrs old and the manufacturing company has been sold out.

Ray has given you valid info.

But I know you went to work to put food on the table..

I'd say $200 - $250 in trade value against the bill, because you'll probably discount the bill further, elsewhere.:)

rmptr

This detector is top rated as a land version to the CZ-20 or 21. Extra coils are available from dealers or on ebay or even Fisher itself. Since it can be hipmounted it is also used as a good beach detector and has a switch for a saltwater mode which can be turned on or off unlike the CZ-20 or 21 which is on all the time. One in the shape you discribe should be worth near $600. even if it is 15 years old. It is very good on batteries too which seem to never run out. I wouldn't part with mine for $600.00 dollars though........

Ray, rmptr, sandman256,

Thanks, very much for the info!!:super:

I will give the gentleman a $375 credit, he was hoping that it would be worth at least $200, and he hasn't used it very much, he will be pleased, as he's is almost on a fixed income!!:happy:, and as we all know all good deeds come back to you multiple times, and I hope that it come back in GREAT finds!!!

I will be keeping the CZ6a as a back up , and for my wife to use when she go to the beach.

I will be looking for additional coils.

Thanks to the posts on this forum I am aware of the capabilities of the CZ6a, as I have been reading all the posts on the CZ6a, and it will be put to good use!!!!:cool:

Your replies mean a lot, THANKS,

Skip

I sold a CZ6A for 425.00 a bout 6 mos ago.These units go for around 400.00 in good condition.I don't know where you see these detectors going for 250.00.The older CZ5s with the metal arm cuff and with the white lower rod asm and the CZ6 with the older coil connections will even sell for 325.00 to 375.00.Put a CZ6A on Ebay or on this forum classifieds for 250.00 and see how fast it sells,I may even buy it myself.

The 5 inch coil is a secret weapon on a 6a. You can crank up the sensitivity, it goes deep, separates the trash with ease and its even light enough so you don't have to hip mount it.

Work it slow in trash and it will pull out coins and rings like crazy (gold and silver ones). Also, on the beach, if you hit a pocket of trash, junk and nails, work the small coil REAL slow and at different angles and you will be surprised what it can pull out. It pin points dead on...just dig all the repeatable signals.

I think the wife will have fun with the 6a and that coil.

You did a good thing giving that guy credit. I think both of you made out great.

Out of all my detectors, my 6a will never be sold. I have all 4 coils and with them it can work any application except underwater.

JC

295.00 off of e-bay. Granted it was a buy it now. I have never seen one sell for 400.00 so I'm not sure where that price came from. Granted the last CZ6a I saw for sale was a while back but it was in excellent shape and sold for 340.00. The 6a is a great machine for hunting the beach but they are around you just have to know where to look.

Ray

I'm a power seller on Ebay and they do sell over 400.00 in a lot of sells.ON Buy it now prices you can get good deals if you can snare it quick,but buyer beware if your too quick and don't read all the details.CZ6As and newer CZ5s will sell for good prices.I once bought a DFX in good condition for 400.00 but that isn't normal.I'll buy as many CZ5s and CZ6As for 250.00 as I can.A good used CZ5 will bring in more cash than a Coinstrike.

CALL KELLYCO AND ASK THEM HOW MUCH THE WOULD SELL IT FOR ON THEIR WEBSITE.THEY JUST SOLD A FRIEND OF MINES WHITES 5900 FOR $300.00.IT TOOK THREE DAYS.IF THEY SELL IT THEY CHARGE $30.00.

Kellyco sells some used detectors but like most dealers they are in the business to sell new equipment.I have a friend who is a dealer and he will give you very little on a trade an example a used CZ probably a token 100.00 bucks.

Thank you Ron from Michigan!

I guess I had NOT made my point well enough...

Gold seeker is apparently a workman, trying to earn a living.
He was offered goods in exchange for part of the bill.

Although any CZ6a may be a fine machine, it's used value on the street, to a dealer is low, in spite of fact that it may be in good order and hold years of fond memories for the seller.
The man receiving quality improvement to his most prized possession is coming away with the greatest lasting value.

It's true value is what you can get immediately on a short sale... meaning the pawn shop.
That, is the only place it can be turned into something that can be spent at mcdonalds to feed the kiddies, if need be.

(And I KNEW Goldseeker was going to give more credit than suggested! Nature of the beast...)

LoL I'm hedging towards politics and won't do that here on findmall, since I do it elsewhere...:biggrin:

HH
rmptr

If the gentleman needs cash he could sell the unit on this forum probably for 375.00. That unit in decent condition would probably sell quick for a 375.00 on a Ebay buy it now price or an open auction even more.If this person had a paypal account he could have the bread and butler money in his hand in a couple of days with a quick sale.I don't know what the situation with the deal was,but usually I agree its not good to barter.Bottom line the CZ6a in good condition can be converted into the 375.00 cash.Under no circumstance take it to a large third party who sells on Ebay the charges are too much 30 percent if item sells plus fees,which they are little more than an on line pawn shop.

forget the pawn shop,unless you enjoy getting beaten up!..anything you get from those thieves is a hard time,and an insulting low ball number!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Heys, Guys

I want to Thank You for all the replies and opinions, I have informed the gentleman that the "value" of the CZ6a is $300 on a bad day to $600 on a good day, he said that he was fine with the $300, but I gave him the aforementioned credit of $375, this was deducted from the price quoted before the work was begun, the gentleman had already "set aside" the money for the job, and is not in any "financial strain" for the work he needed.

The detector came into play, when I mentioned that I like to "metal detect" and he said that he had an "old detector" but does not detect any more, and had not really gotten into it as he thought he would when he bought the CZ6a years ago, and in the meantime he had kept it so the "grand kids" could use it, and now they are all grown. so it has been sitting in the closet for a while, except when he sent it in for a "tune up", (this gentleman like to keep things in good condition should they be needed), and I like that in a person, he offered it to me for $200 and I told him I have heard of the CZ6a but didn't know that much about it, and I would check the value of the CZ6a before we agreed on a price, as I thought that $200 was a low value.

The gentleman was more then pleased with the credit, and will be putting his little "nest egg" aside for a rainy day!:cool:

R M P T R
"Gold seeker is apparently a workman, trying to earn a living.
He was offered goods in exchange for part of the bill."

You are correct, but I make a good living, as I am a Master Carpenter by trade, but many consider me a "Jack of all Trade", most of my work "comes looking for me" and I feel "Blessed" that it does, with the economy in the condition that it is!!!

This "trade","barter" has worked well for both parties, I have been sorta looking for a "back up" detector and something that the wife and kids could use at the beach!!:thumbup:

Thank, again guys ya'll have been great!!!:super:
I will post any questions if I find that I need help with the CZ6a

Skip.

Gold seeker, you are a nice fellow, and your client is fortunate to have you looking out for his affairs.

Best,
rmptr

I have a CZ6A I wouldn't trade or sell at all. It's a great machine and very very good on coins and gold. The batteries seem to last forerver in it.