Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz70 pro in cinder tips

aproc123

I have a fairground close to my house that has a large area with black cinder type surface. Will the cz 70 pro handle this? Haven't had a chance to use it since the snow. I'm planning on using the 5" coil...in the past with other detectors it was not huntable with all the false signals. Dad's at pro struggled as well as a friend's etrac...I need help with this terrain. I read that dropping sensitivity to 4-5 helps any advice?

What ever works. You might try notching out the cinder range. You may need to drop SENS even lower and be sure to ground balance correctly and maybe experiment a little up and down to see if it helps. When (if?) you hit a good target, play with settings to see what is strongest.

When ground balancing make the balance a little negative in other words unit will lightly sound off when bobbing coming away from ground...Just a slight negative ground balance may work...

Your dual freq CZ will have better luck than the single freq AT-Pro, but it's still adding a layer of mineralization to detect through. (You will lose depth.)
Dan-Pa gave you the best advise...GB a little neg.
We usually (in clean ground) GB a little positive to get a little more target sensitivity, but it tends to 'chatty' and false more easily...by GB a little negative, it should help keep those cinders from constantly falsing.
In either case, I've hunted an area like it before, and remember it being a royal pain in the @#.

good luck!
mike

The negative ground balance makes sense. Notching would require taking out coins as that is what seems to be the zone that it causes the problem. I think I'll drop sensitivity, gb on the negative side, and use the small coil. thanks for all the help!