Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cz70 pro

Tony-Ok

Just upgraded my Cz70 with the Garrett Z-Link wireless headphones, and they work great !! These Fisher CZs sure find the deep older coins and jewelry. Probably the best older technology available!! HH Tony

Hi 308, I have a very nice CZ7A the one that take 12 batterys. I have not used it much but dose it go deep like the other CZ? Some say it dose and some say it don't. Can you tell me anything about it? I sure would like to start using it. Thanks flintstone

Flintstone, The CZ7A with the 12, 1.5v batteries is a great machine.

They will typically go very deep, the batteries last forever, and the balance is actually better than with the newer 9v models.

Put some batteries in that thing, and get out hunting!
:)
mike

Hi 308, I have a very nice CZ7A the one that take 12 batterys. I have not used it much but dose it go deep like the other CZ? Some say it dose and some say it don't. Can you tell me anything about it? I sure would like to start using it. Thanks flintstone
What trojdor says. These are very deep detectors, even if sens is set to 4 or 6. Depending on the tones I never felt the need to set disc/notch. Great machines.
If you have questions feel free to ask. This is a great community with great people, some one will chime in and help.
Good Luck with your CZ-7a

What is the best sens to put it in? If I can run it as high as it will go, and keep in stayble is that ok? Should I just try and keep it at 4-6? Thanks

What is the best sens to put it in? If I can run it as high as it will go, and keep in stayble is that ok? Should I just try and keep it at 4-6? Thanks
Hey Flintstone , as long as it is stable , you can probably increase sensitivity. In my test garden , I have an 8 “ deep silver dime that hits the same at sensitivity 4 as it does at higher settings, only the report seems to be larger . I personally like a small positive (tight) report so 4 is max for 90% of my coin hunting. HH Tony

I have a lot of emi in my yard, and if I trun sens all the wy up it is noisy but I can hit a 10" quarter one way. That is with the 8" coil. I don't have a 10.5" coil. I do have a 5' coil, how dose it do for depth? Thanks Dean

I have a lot of emi in my yard, and if I trun sens all the wy up it is noisy but I can hit a 10" quarter one way. That is with the 8" coil. I don't have a 10.5" coil. I do have a 5' coil, how dose it do for depth? Thanks Dean
I have only used the 8”coil for 25 years and find it ideal for a yard hunter . Very precise, almost don’t ever use a hand held pinpointed. I have only had 2 times that I noticed EMI was a problem. I was working a yard and the neighbor was playing an electric guitar. Went back on a different day, no guitar/ no EMI . Also I went to a hunt in Iowa 3-4 years ago and Minelab CTXs would shut me down. My son uses a Garrett ATPRO and it has no effect on my CZs.

Hello Flintstone.
About the 5" coil I've no guess what depth you can expect from, but I think it will do great.
The 10.5 spider is a tad deeper than the 8" and covers more ground by one sweep. But it also has more target masking in trashy ground.

Tony hit the nails head, as long as it's not that noisy and runs stable set sens as high as it can be.
Very important is ground balance.
What helped me a lot was reading and re-reading the manual and Tom Dankowski's Fisher Intelligence.
You will find both readings on fisher's site as PDF files.

Good luck & happy hunting

The 10.5 CZ coil has about a 1/2 to 1" more depth than the 8" coil most of the time But...
The weight of the 10.5 coil is not worth the extra depth IMO
It's like swinging a cinder block
With my 5" coil about 6-7" for me in my soil.
All-n-all the 8" CZ coil is the lick barnone.

The 10.5 CZ coil has about a 1/2 to 1" more depth than the 8" coil most of the time But...
The weight of the 10.5 coil is not worth the extra depth IMO
It's like swinging a cinder block
With my 5" coil about 6-7" for me in my soil.
All-n-all the 8" CZ coil is the lick barnone.

Well I tried the CZ7a today, but everything keep coming up as 10c. iron foil every thing. What have I got wrong, It works good not jumping or anything but all just come dime. Did I have GB wrong? Help if you can. flintstone

Everything on the meter is in the dime high tone area?
Ground balance shouldn't effect the meter.

Hey Flintstone, zinc pennies , copper pennies, dimes , nickels, quarters, halves, large iron will all give high tones . sometimes half of a pull tab or a ball of foil will come in where nickels do. High tone. Even the newer modern detectors will respond in that same way . Bench test some targets to see how they sound .fullpulltab , small rusty nail , etc ...... ask any thing you like about CZs and I will be glad to try and answer your questions. Tony

Hey Flintstone, zinc pennies , copper pennies, dimes , nickels, quarters, halves, large iron will all give high tones . sometimes half of a pull tab or a ball of foil will come in where nickels do. High tone. Even the newer modern detectors will respond in that same way . Bench test some targets to see how they sound .fullpulltab , small rusty nail , etc ...... ask any thing you like about CZs and I will be glad to try and answer your questions. Tony

Tony, I have bench tested and everything reads where it is surpost to. If I do a dime it hits in dime spot, it I do nickel it hits right on nickel. even tabs. I must of had something wrong, it is raining here today,but when it quits I will take it to a nice park and see what gives. If you all think of something I might be doing wrong hit me up, like I said that was the first time I used it. thanks Dean

Tony, I have bench tested and everything reads where it is surpost to. If I do a dime it hits in dime spot, it I do nickel it hits right on nickel. even tabs. I must of had something wrong, it is raining here today,but when it quits I will take it to a nice park and see what gives. If you all think of something I might be doing wrong hit me up, like I said that was the first time I used it. thanks Dean
I would review the GB procedure. The push button method is fine.....I use it .... When I first got my cz , I thought the same thing . It took time to understand what the cz was telling me. My Cz is my go to detector... even with all the new tech detectors available. Don’t get me wrong, I test many detectors against the cz .Any new detector I try is given at least 3 months of testing. Have tried many over the years and the Cz is still tops for me ! That being said , a detector that is giving me excellent older (quality) finds is the Anfibio Multi . Great audio , deep like cz , with more options. ...... back to the CZ , give it more time, it’s still a great detector with all the modern offerings available. Hope that helps . I will be glad to try and answer any questions you have about CZs. Tony

Waited for nice weather, and now all my parks are closed. I can't stand it much longer. I might just go out at night. I can't see what it would hurt as long as I am by myself. I know no one is to get within 6ft. of each other, but I could run if I see someone coming. Well when they let me out, I will post how the CZ7a is doing. Stay safe everyone. flintstone