Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ70

A

Anonymous

Hey Forum members. I just purchased a Fisher CZ70. I am new to detecting and new to the CZ70. I have been hunting on the beach several times and have found some coins but not a lot. What is the best settings for my detector so i won"t miss anything ie. coins and jewelry. Oh by the way I think I have finding pull tabs down now.
Thanks for your help.

I do not have anything notched out when I hunt. I listen to what all is in the ground and at the beach I usually dig everything but iron as the salt sometimes causes items to show up anywhere on the icons. I use the bobbing method to ground balance My unit, if I can hunt in normal mode at beach I do, if not I go to salt mode. If I am on land I dig everything at a new place to see what all is there and what it reads on my machine then I decide what I want to dig or not. Hope this helps. HH

Thanks Steve that helps alot. At the beach the ground balancing doesn"t seem to respond at all so I crank it all the way to 10. What is the bobbing method? Maybe that will work better than what I'm doing. Also do you use head phones or not? and finally, how do you know if you can hunt in normal or not. As you can see I'm a novice at this stuff. Hope to get better. Thanks

............your best bet is to go zero DISC and scoop all. Gold rings and other good targets can be found throughout the entire spectrum of conductivity which in the case of CZs incudes IRON which tends to downshift on deep targets that are out of the correct ID range.
Practice in a clean spot on the lawn with a variety of targets to learn accurate pinpointing, correct sweep speed for depth and target seperation with reliance on the tonal patterns. In time you will be able to accurately call the shots on common items such as hairpins, dimes, nickels vs pulltabs and rings vs pulltabs.
My approach has been to start the day in zero DISC and notch out the Zinc cents when they become pesky. The obvious trade-off is that I have found some gold rings as ZINC before it is notched out. Rare, but it does happen. I have a plausible basis for estimating that I dug 10,000 ZINCs before finding my first gold ring reading as ZINC.
A good start on the beach is to work the towel line in NORM mode for lots of clad, some jewelry and other good targets passed over by detectorists using less capable machines. Learn your beach and where bathers tend to congregate and play and prioritize those areas. When you hit a "hotspot" that's yielding, use a grid pattern to milk it. I've even followed that with diagonal sweeping to yield yet more.
If you're unfamiliar with the beach, use a zig-zag search pattern to locate the line of drops in the dry. That pattern is very useful in the tidal zone where the targets line varies every day.
There's a lot to learn about detecting and your detector. This is a challenging hobby with never-ending surprises that turns detectorists into addicts.
Hope that helps and lots of luck.
Chet

check this out. These instructions are from Mike(Virginia Beach) and were given to me when I started out with my "70" They sure have helped me make some good finds!

Thanks Dave this will help alot. If you have any other help for a beginner please send Thanks again.

Do you have an owners Manual with your unit? It will explain what normal and salt modes are and how to select them.

Unfortunately you don't learn a detector overnight, fortunately you just got some good info and Mikes CZ page is a wealth of info for a new CZ user..so you might want to visit it...http://mikewd.fws1.com/
Honestly used a CZ since 92 and now and then learn a new trick so read the manual several times and try each aspect till you learn it. Even though its basically user friendly takes some time in the field to learn its language. last but not least...Good Luck

thats half the battle. When I hunt the beach, the first thing I do with my 70 is switch it to salt mode, ground balance it then put my setting to everything except iron notched in. Sensativity to 6, but when in the water drop sensativity to 4. Sometimes I will hunt in all-metal, then switch back to id the target.
HH,
Mike