Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz70

A

Anonymous

I have a explorer want a cz70 good ghange or not, want to go deep. what is better my explorer or the 70 ?

The Explorer ll is a good unit for some that take the time to learn it. With the 10 1/2" coil, its nose heavy. I found lots of good coin's with mine. I had all the coil's that Minelab & Sun Ray made, also had the Sun Ray X-1 Probe.Lot's of money tied up in this stuff.I have a CZ 7a pro and like it. The CZ 70 pro has 4 tones and my 7a pro has 3 tones, I like the 3 tones better. I run in zero disc, I like to hear what's in the ground that I am hunting. I dig everything above iron and from ground leavel down.Some don't dig unless the target is over 2" or 3" deep, last Sat. I got a good high coin sound, anyway that I would swing the coil over the target, when I pin pointed the target, it showed zero for the depth, well that was a lie, it was a 1912 Barber Dime at 1" deep, lol. This area has been hunted for more than 30 yrs. I was using 2 on Sens. GB was almost on 5. Before some one tells me that I need to turn up the Sens, let me say, I do use more Sens. I like to hunt with 2 first and then hunt the same place with high Sens. I have found that with low Sens, i find coins that some how I missed with high Sens. Now some say that Fishers love rusty nails, well I have dug more rusty nails with my fisher than I did with my Explorer. If your not using iron mask on with the Explorer and you hit the nail just right, you will get a null and if there is a coin under the nail, you will loose it, right ? Yes I have dug a lot of rusty nails, but every once in a while you will dig some good coins, I got 3 wheaties out of one hole that were under a rusty nail. I sold my Explorer and all the stuff that I had for it. I tried using both, but I am not one of those people that can have 4 units and know them all. I have the CZ 7a pro with the 8" coil and a CZ 3D with a 5" coil on it. To me the CZ is easer to learn.I have 2 other units, but we will not go there, because I just use my Fishers the most. The main thing is learn your unit and the best Disc. is your digger.
I know a guy in PA. that could find a Silver Coin with a Stick and a Pie Plate. Go out and have fun.
HH...BJ

BJ hit the nail on the head, hobby is to have fun and some guys like user friendly units and some the harder to learn the better..I honestly feel coil size for coil size a CZ70 would be hard to beat and its user friendly characteristics along with weight and ergonomics make it a favorite of many. Certainly the Explorer is an excellent unit but its weight and poor ergonomics along with a long learning period its certainly not for everyone. Yep I have used both and actually thru a local guru's help and using many detectors my learning period was short. Reading between the lines of the post you are not having fun.My advice buy a CZ70 and never look back as you will get them as deep as any and along the way have fun..

I have owned both and sold my Exp after extensive heads up testing. My Exp was quiet in iron but it wouldn't pick good targets out of iron like my 70. As for depth the 70 had a clear advantage and with only an 8" coil. I liked my Exp but not enough to lug it around, I love my 70.
These are both great top end machines and we might be splitting hairs to come out with a winner if we compared everything and learned to use each machine to it's fullest extent in all soil conditions. But the 70 just fits me like a glove and the Exp never did. When I had both machines and 80% of the time I grabbed my 70, that says somehting. And without question I've had better and deeper finds with my 70 and usually in places I hunted previously with my Exp and other machines. Goodluck