Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ7a TO CZ7a PRO

Flintstone

Hi CZ guys, can anyone tell me if a CZ7a can be change to a CZ7a PRO ? I have a very nice CZ7a, and would like to change to a PRO. If it can be done. Thanks flintstone

I doubt it, Flintstone. :(

Different shafts, different handle/mount assembly, different battery packs, different control box, etc.
They may share PCBs...maybe. (and, of course, the coil is the same)

I suppose you could always try to find a dead CZ7a Pro and cannibalize/Frankenstien it.

Pretty sure it would be kind of like the old joke about the car in the shop needing fixed...
Where the mechanic says, "We just need to jack up the gas cap, and slide a new car underneath."

Good luck,
:)
mike

Thanks trojdor, I was afraid of that. I just wish it used 9v battery's and not 12aa. I will just get a lot of rechargeable and go with it. It works fine, just need to be used. Thanks flintstone

Yes , that is why I would like to change. I use rechargables and only have 8 and don't want to buy any more. I like my CZ7a, dose a very good job, has anyone else used one? Any pointers?

I have had really good luck with Eneloop Rechargable batteries. They last a long time and they hold their charge for quite a while. I use them in my detector, pinpointer and in my flash unit when doing photograhy.

Thanks Beep'n, I guess I will just buy the Eneloops and go with that. My CZ7a gets about 12" in air test on a dime. Dose all CZ get about the same depth? Thanks flintstone

Good question on the air test. I will have to do some air tests and get back to on that.... Did you use All-Metal for the test?

If Your CZ7a is getting 12" on a dime in Disc. Mode it's a Hot one! That with Sens. Maxed out? Some You can't run it past 6 Sens. without falsing. You should do a YouTube video of it as never seen a CZ7a that hot.

After using every model CZ ever made the CZ7a seems to be a tad deeper than other models...Forget about changing ...just not doable....

Beep'n said:
Good question on the air test. I will have to do some air tests and get back to on that.... Did you use All-Metal for the test?

I've always done my air-tests in disc. mode?