Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ7a

donl98632

Have been metal detecting for close to 35 years, and have never owned a Fisher metal detector. That changed today when I purchased a CZ7a. Was always impressed with the good balance of the Whites detectors, even though they were fairly heavy. I was amazed at how well balanced this detector is. Am also amazed at how well it air tests, if the rain ever stops here in SW Washington, and it may tomorrow, I will be going over some sites I have worked hard in the past. Will post the results as soon as I have any.

Analog CZ's indeed are poorly weighted and tough to swing for extended periods. On the other hand the digital CZ7A although a little heavier with batteries under the armcup are the best when it comes to ergonomics. As they are pole mount only for some reason they were not popular and their time of manufacture was of short duration.
Good luck and buy a longer digger as like all CZ's they go deep...

Got out for about 1 1/2 hours, with no rain. Did not find anything special, 2 Quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, and 6 cents. My observations on the CZ7a, when it locks on a coin it was always a coin except for some large can slaw, I did lock on to a couple high tones that showed depth of 9 inches, but did not dig because the ground in the park was too saturated, searched with no disc, and dug some signals that gave high tone and low tone, all were junk. All in all this seems like a very good detector.