Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ's intereferring...

Dan-Pa.

If you hunt with a CZ don't get a CZ buddy...Two CZ's even at great distances will interfere with each other causing loss of depth and problems workwise...

I find I need to stay a good distance away from many detectors. Pulse Induction detectors talk to the CZ as do the Minelab BBS and FBS detectors. Also had a guy with a Whites that I couldn't get within about 30 feet without loud chatter but did not determine what model he had.

How do you run the sensitivity? If not running it real hot you may get pretty close and not get hit hard. If you can hear chatter when you get close to your buddy's detector, move away a little and you will be fine. If you are checking each others targets, you may need to give each other a little more space when doing target checks. I don't think it will be a huge deal unless you are used to hunting right next to each other all the time. Just be aware that detectors can interfere with each other.

I think I remember reading Tom D stating even if you cannot hear the cross talk/chatter between 2 CZ's, there is still some 'invisible interference' that will detrimentally affect the performance.

Not sure the real safe distance, but I think it's around 100 feet.

So if there is another CZ user near by, even if your unit seems to be running fine in terms of no chatter, there still may be some performance loss.

Therover is right with invisible interference..hunting a local park my CZ seemed to be having trouble...as I moved across a football field I saw in the distance another CZ user.
so if you are not having apparent noisy interference your CZ is being interfered with another CZ perhaps more then 100 feet...

We literally back off till until we hear no cross talk; and sensitivity setting (receiver) does have an affect on the distance too. Its not just CZ's, as its happened with units all the way back to the 1970's.
(Was at the beach once using a non motion PI with a 2ft loop; I point it down the beach and folks almost 75 yds away would stop and retune their units.) :lol:

Just because you don't hear interference it still can be affecting each other...talk about interference the red big bud pro was the king as one to use at a planted hunt as it drove the other units wild and gave you plenty of room to collect targets.