Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 hits deep

GazinUK

Relic mode, iar 3, notch 00-02, sensitivity max, recovery 0.5 (any faster deeper targets didn't register) the tiny copper token was just the depth of the garrett probe, and was one of the targets that wouldn't register with a faster recovery speed no matter how fast or slow I swung, and its 12mm, foil thin from 1666.
Deepest bit was the lead top left, measured 14" and I'd have got deeper based on the signal. Tried to dig faint signals only, but you know how it is, was really impressed with what it did. The site is permanent grass land and has been for over 250 years, it had a single track railway running through it for 80 years, so loads of iron etc in places. Will be going back.

Attachments

• 20240105_194517.jpg
    20240105_194517.jpg
    817.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20240106_131304.jpg
    20240106_131304.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20240106_093049.jpg
    20240106_093049.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
The D2 is a great detector.
Me and a buddy watch utube vids made in the UK and swear you all have fluff for dirt. 😉 I'm not saying you're exaggerating just that we have never been able to get similar results in our dirt

Good work there Gaz. I have mild soils here in the US and I can hit targets at the depths you mention when the conditions are right. The keys are as you point out is using max Sensitivity, and very low Reactivity. Using IAR of 3 like you do in Relic (or Goldfield) is good because it won't "discriminate" out the most deepest iron.....or nonferrous targets that are so deep that they start to look like iron to the detector.

The D2 is a great detector.
Me and a buddy watch utube vids made in the UK and swear you all have fluff for dirt. 😉 I'm not saying you're exaggerating just that we have never been able to get similar results in our dirt
Yeah here in Ct its rocks and boulders! I wear out a new shovel every 2 years!
Mark

11" coil. Have got some extra free time this weekend, I'll be going back with some markers/flags, and run through a couple of different settings etc. Am contemplating an 11x13 coil, wont buy new as lose too much on re-sale. Considering the area am really surprised I've only ever had 1 coin. Mind you it was 13th century, but am convinced theres more there.