Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 in EMI

Saker

Just wanted to hear about some experience in EMI with the D2. I have a couple of great spots that are loaded with iron but have horrible EMI due to nearby underground utility lines. I have a Dues 1 that I love but need to reduce sens down to single digits to make detecting even possible at these places. I'm pulling good stuff under 3" so I know better stuff is even deeper. Just wondering if its any better at handling EMI over Dues 1. I looked around but didn't see a lot in this specific topic. Thanks!

Just wanted to hear about some experience in EMI with the D2. I have a couple of great spots that are loaded with iron but have horrible EMI due to nearby underground utility lines. I have a Dues 1 that I love but need to reduce sens down to single digits to make detecting even possible at these places. I'm pulling good stuff under 3" so I know better stuff is even deeper. Just wondering if its any better at handling EMI over Dues 1. I looked around but didn't see a lot in this specific topic. Thanks!
Try using single frequency mono I hear that helps on the D2 I have to get mine out more
Mark

Saker…multi frequency is traditionally worse at handling EMI but I have found the D2 to be excellent at handling EMI in MY areas when it exists, but that is MY experience with it. Having the 9” coil does help, as opposed to a bigger coil, which is to be expected.
Mark might be assuming you already have the D2, I read that you are looking at getting one but want to know about the EMI before you buy. I can certainly recommend the D2 overall. It is accurate, even if the target is deep or compromised in some other way. I have been impressed so far, and EMI hasn’t been nearly as much an issue as I’ve had in the past with my other multi freq machines.

Underground EMI is the worst. I'm pretty sure the multi-frequency of the D2 will only drive you crazy.
D2 Mono (single frequency) program might help over the D1 because there's a higher frequency range to work with, but you will lose depth on high conductor targets.
Hence, you might be in the same boat depth wise as you experience with the D1.

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems like I can expect similar EMI response if I get a D2 but not a big deal, I kind of figured as much. Maybe one of these years the engineers will figure it out and we'll get the "EMI" setting. I can usually get any of the machines I use (CTX, D1, ATPro) stable enough to detect these spots, but I know I'm missing a lot because the sens needs turned way down.
I don't "need" a D2, I just really want one. :) I like the idea of having the option between multi or single frequency in a single unit. I've done great with the D1 but might see if I can sell the D1 to get some funds towards a D2.
Thanks again and good luck to all. Stay safe.

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems like I can expect similar EMI response if I get a D2 but not a big deal, I kind of figured as much. Maybe one of these years the engineers will figure it out and we'll get the "EMI" setting. I can usually get any of the machines I use (CTX, D1, ATPro) stable enough to detect these spots, but I know I'm missing a lot because the sens needs turned way down.
I don't "need" a D2, I just really want one. :) I like the idea of having the option between multi or single frequency in a single unit. I've done great with the D1 but might see if I can sell the D1 to get some funds towards a D2.
Thanks again and good luck to all. Stay safe.
I can say this Saker. My sites were SO dead I was effectively done metal detecting, even having the CTX, Explorer SEPro, Explorer2, Equinox 800….DEAD. Whatever the Deus 2 is doing has made these sites viable again….not “new”….but “viable” to hunt with SOME results. In all honesty it has blown my mind with the results, and I’m very new to XP. The difference between the D1 and D2 is going to be in the ID, and whether it’s going to be a good target or not. I had the D1 for a short time in the spring of 22 and I never dug so much crap in my life. The multi freq D2 is going to be a lot like your CTX in the “honesty” of the TID…and the ability to unmask with those results is still there. I can’t recommend it enough to someone in a similar situation such as mine.

Here's an update on the D2 9" coil at the spots with underground EMI and a lot of iron I've been hunting.

I was not able to run any of the multi-frequency programs. No matter what I tried the machine went completely bonkers. Frequency scan didn't help at all.

But it ran great in single frequency. I put it in the Fast 40 program and bumped the frequency down to 17 kHz and it was very stable, seemed to be the sweet spot to combat EMI at this location. I was able to run sens at 97 as well with almost no chatter.

I'm going to try to get back to this spot in the next few weeks with the 11" coil to see if there is any difference. Overall I was impressed with how stable I was able to get it with the EMI, even though I had to be in a SF. I was able to pull 8 buttons, a KG, a sweet Masonic cuff link, and a few other relics. I barely scratched the surface of this machines capabilities and I'm already liking it.

I do admit, I chose this site knowing if I got it stable in the EMI there was going to be some good finds. Plus, I used a D1 for 6 years so I'm picking it up pretty quick.

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

THAT is the sweet part Saker…you CAN make this one machine do ALOT of things. EMI has always been the worst part of owning FBS machines for me, VERY challenging in many places. As long as YOU know what you’re getting into on that site, all is good. I’m liking that cuff link!

Great results Saker. You refer to frequency scan but really it is frequency shift. The machine is just shifting very slightly, not much of a help in true emi just around other detectors.

Here's an update on the D2 9" coil at the spots with underground EMI and a lot of iron I've been hunting.

I was not able to run any of the multi-frequency programs. No matter what I tried the machine went completely bonkers. Frequency scan didn't help at all.

But it ran great in single frequency. I put it in the Fast 40 program and bumped the frequency down to 17 kHz and it was very stable, seemed to be the sweet spot to combat EMI at this location. I was able to run sens at 97 as well with almost no chatter.

I'm going to try to get back to this spot in the next few weeks with the 11" coil to see if there is any difference. Overall I was impressed with how stable I was able to get it with the EMI, even though I had to be in a SF. I was able to pull 8 buttons, a KG, a sweet Masonic cuff link, and a few other relics. I barely scratched the surface of this machines capabilities and I'm already liking it.

I do admit, I chose this site knowing if I got it stable in the EMI there was going to be some good finds. Plus, I used a D1 for 6 years so I'm picking it up pretty quick.

View attachment 35818View attachment 35817View attachment 35819
Saker, very cool artifacts and the large KG! Do you remember what VDI the cuff link came up as? That is really cool find, IMO.
Tony

I have a Deus ORX and it is useless in high EMI. I also have an older Nokta CORE and high EMI hardly bothers it . I have compared the ORX and Nokta in the same area, the Nokta just handled the EMI much better. Can’t tell you why, it just does.

I have a Deus ORX and it is useless in high EMI. I also have an older Nokta CORE and high EMI hardly bothers it . I have compared the ORX and Nokta in the same area, the Nokta just handled the EMI much better. Can’t tell you why, it just does.
Do you mean you have a XP Deus AND ORX---or---do you mean you have a XP ORX?

View attachment 35818View attachment 35817View attachment 35819
Fast 40, I see is different than Fast . . . .but Fast 40 isn't on the list of programs in the manual. And it isn't Deus Mono. Without looking on the remote ( in the truck), is there 2 programs that run single frequency, Fast 40 & Deus Mono? . . . . Sweet finds by the way . . . can't wait to see what else you dig up in that high EMI zone..

I've had my D2 for over 2 week and have hunted in town 5 times in different locations. I've been able to run at sens. 97 at all 5 places. It does better than my Nox 800 did.