Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 noob program recommendations.

Hey all. I'm new to the D2 but have been swinging for over 10 years now with nox 600 and Fisher f70/f2 before that.

My new D2 is expected Friday.

I work 55hr weeks and my weekends are packed with honey-do lists and my daughters activities so me-time and especially detecting have been a rare commodity the last year or two.

I've been youtubing all week and anyone I trust that has posted programs are all tuned to earlier versions of the D2 and/or a year ago at least. I believe it's coming pre-programed in v2 and I'd like to keep it there unless someone convinces me otherwise to revert to an older update.

So, what I'm asking help with is besides Ratttleheads Silver Slayer which I intend to use on an old colonial honey hole I have killed with my Nox, does anyone care to share a deep program that would work on well plowed and sifted farmland? Coin hunting, and would like to avoid nails/round beaver pull tabs the best I can. This plot was loaded with silver and wheats once upon a time, but it's getting to the point where the easy ones are gone as i'm not the only person hitting it.

I'll be swinging the 9" so I'm trying to get the most stable depth I can for that specific permission.

I'll goof around with factory settings as I go, down the road, but would appreciate some input for this weekend so I can hit the ground running with my limited time.
do what idxmonster says and use Rattlehead's silver slayer program. But next study the XP Deus 2 manual and learn what every program is made up of (settings) and why those settings were picked by the engineers for each stock program. Then you can take one of he stock programs more closely related to your hunt site and modify it carefully if you know what your are doing and save that modified program under another name. Good luck.

Yes as to what Dan said I prefer sensitive FT and deep HC for land with some tweaks but the factory programs are a great start.
Mark
Hello brother, stock programs are fine to start with, reading the manual is ok to see what's in each program but isn't going to learn you what you have to do with any machine... Others my recommend a program is great 👍 but once u start using the machine you'll see more & more when you dig & hear different sounds in & when u get comfortable using it.!! Another thing is digging in different soils& minerals also.You will get better just by using & learning programs one by one.. you'll be fine my brother....⛏️⛏️.