Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dangit !

Dustyroundup

LOL dang dang dang it.

Boy , yesterday, turned out to be quite a busy day with return phone calls from FWP.
After the Warden Captain said I could detect fishing areas, an FWP Official, qoute" a few steps above the Captain" called me .
he affirmed it as being OK to detect fishing areas, and agreed with everything the Captain said.

Well, I figure I must have stirred things up, because late afternoon yesterday, a guy calls , saying one of the officials left a note on his desk to call me .
And he had the statutes book right in front of him.
He read it to me, and the first lady that told me "no" was right all along.

Get this, after reading the whole law to me , he says , you cant even "dig for worms" at state fishing access areas.

But! woohoo, you can pick flowers, pine cones , and dead wood.
Those are the "ONLY things you can disturb.

So, DANGIT !

Oh well, The Forest Service is pretty cool about detecting ,along with the DNRC and BLM.

And theres always private property..

good luck to you all,
Dusty

Government bureaucracy:ranting::thumbdown:
one hand doesn't know what the other is doing:confused:

I'm from Oregon, and pretty much got ran through the every supervisor's supervisor to get answers. Here in Oregon the law says that you can't hunt areas of historical significance unless a site is 50 years or older. Pointed question asked: " can I swing and detect in the NF". Answer was you could but not in areas if significance. I asked if they provided a list of those areas, but understandably the question was " no". You can provide a list of areas of interest and they will review them and let you know. There are laws in place to protect these areas. "prospecting" is allowed In most areas unless it's claimed or private property. The MXT is a valid prospecting machine, which is one reason I chose it.

My goodness. Not too many would have your patience. That's such a shame that one doesn't know what the other is doing. Go figure. Well, I am proud of you for taking the time and being so understanding of the laws. :clapping: I hope you can find a lot of private old yards that needs your attention. :detecting: HH, Nancy