Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Daniel just did a test for you.

woodchiphustler

Like other VLFS no luck unless its a belt plate OR A LARGE NON-FERROUS MASS. I have dug many belt plates in the red dirt. Every small target at depth sounded like iron. I tested my sample on the non ferrous meter and it is super strong for iron in the sample. Over powers small targets. They sound OK but I'd as iron.

That's what I was wanting to know. Your red dirt in VA does have the weird bedrocks in it...I remember with the F75 that it would give a negative GB noise over every big rock in the fields in Culpeper. Most of the red dirt here don't have that...instead it is a lot of blackish iron ore rocks in it and white quartz. There are a few hot spots around that have the same bedrock outcroppings as the VA rocks in Culpeper....in which I can't even balance a VLF machine in. The only thing that balances in it are the pulse machines.

The rest of our red dirt is the milder form but that's not saying much because I have a silver US quarter buried at 8 inches exactly in my clean yard and of the VLFs I currently have....none of them pick it up at all...not even in all metal or open quickmask (Coinstrike, Omega, and eTrac). But 4-5 inches in the same dirt and I can get a silver dime and minie ball...they just read as iron.

You got it.