Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dark Square on display

Well I went to prepare for a hunt today and was going to put a charge on the remote and coil and noticed that I have a large dark square that covers about a third of the display on the remote. Last time I went detecting it worked perfectly and no darkness on the display. Went ahead and decided that I would power it down and bring it back up but it still has the dark image on the screen. Totally bummed about this. Has anyone ever had or seen this before? Does not affect the way the detector performs, just really hard to see the info on the screen. Any clues or guesses?

David, I just cant understand how that would change as I did not adjust anything in the settings. This was a first for me. I was really thinking that the display was going south on me for a minute. One thing is for sure though, you can always count on someone helping you out here if you have problems.

After you update to V4 the screen looks like you described and needs to be adjusted brighter. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Now I believe I know what happened when the dark spot on the display appeared, the last hunt I went on everything worked fine. Took the detector home and after a little reading out on the Deus forum, I went ahead and did the upgrade to V4. After it finished the update I had to leave to pick up my grandkids and did not get a chance to play around with it. When I got ready to go out and hunt is when I noticed the large dark spot. All iron asked me if I had checked the contrast and Trance said that it looks like this after the update, sure enough after I adjusted the contrast, everything looks normal and is good to go. Thanks for all the responses.