Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Database of detector finds?

Lee - MI - MI

I would like to keep track of all my finds. I would also like to track all of the various coins.

Does anyone have a way to keep track of all of the various dates and mint marks of coins?

An XL spreadsheet would be good. I have an older Mac but I can use MS XL.

What do any of the rest of you people use?

Many just use the typical coin pouch with date etc. written on it..
Knowing some of our people they just may have some superior suggestions..

I just enter the quantity of each denomination and it keeps a running track of total coins found and total clad value.

Up to almost 7500 coins found and around $500 in value. If I take any coins out to cash in there is an entry area also for that. That way I know how much is still sitting in all those mayo jars.

Sorry, don't find enough of the old stuff to write a spreadsheet on that.

Cyberdan, could you send me a copy of what you use?

I have been just jotting my finds in a notebook but our detecting club would like to have us submit our top 30 coin finds to see how we compare at the end of the year. Awards are passed out base on what is submitted. I would like something better than going back through my entries. Especially since I throw them all into a large jug after I enter them.

To be honest, about the oldest coins I've found so far have been a couple IH pennies and one buffalo/indian head nickle. If I am going to get organized about this I better get going before I have too much to catch up with.

I have one SS that one of the guys here uses but would like to see what others are using.

Trying to track all various dates and mint marks may be just too much of a task.

Lee