Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DAY 2 WITH V3 !!!!!

cloudbuster

well guys !!! DAY TWO .... i am really getting miffed now . I had a solid two hours tonight running over a small area about 50 metres square just to evaluate the V3 further. Firstly i feel i am now the proud owner of the worlds finest metal foil finder ever which i must add have shown fabulous camel humps in the analyse mode and very solid VDI numbers which i always dig with my XLT. I was able to detect pieces as small as half an inch square with absolute pinpoint accuracy down to about seven inches. everything else bar one modern 5pence piece eluded me completely with the 5p showing the very same VDI reading and hump as all the foil found. AAAAHHHHHHH !!!! have i been sold a pup ???? the field i was in we have been knocking coins out by the dozen over the last week using an XLT Prizm 6T and an old minelab sovereign.

all suggestion gratefully recieved !!!

all the best rob

If you want to get rid of the foil and are only looking for coins hunt in the 2.5 feq only should not be near as sensitive to the foil.
could even go with the 7.5 feq but for just copper or silver coins the 2.5 should do the best.

Jason

many thanks jason !!! will give it a go tomorrow ...i can see the machine is very hot and the out of the box progs seem very sensative in the area that i am working. like all new detecs its gonna take a while to really get the best from the V3 !!!!

al the best rob

cloudbuster said:
many thanks jason !!! will give it a go tomorrow ...i can see the machine is very hot and the out of the box progs seem very sensative in the area that i am working. like all new detecs its gonna take a while to really get the best from the V3 !!!!

al the best rob

You are welcome the 2.5 only should really make a differance with the foil and should be more sensitive to copper and silver items. Will lose sensitivity to gold, foil and nickel metals.

Jason

If you are looking for coins give the hi pro program a shot, my opinion the best program on the machine. Dont be afraid to lower the gain it might actually work better

High pro is great but will not hel in getting rid of all the foil he did not want to find unless you get rid of the 22.5 feq

Jason

cloudbuster said:
well guys !!! DAY TWO .... i am really getting miffed now . I had a solid two hours tonight running over a small area about 50 metres square just to evaluate the V3 further. Firstly i feel i am now the proud owner of the worlds finest metal foil finder ever which i must add have shown fabulous camel humps in the analyse mode and very solid VDI numbers which i always dig with my XLT. I was able to detect pieces as small as half an inch square with absolute pinpoint accuracy down to about seven inches. everything else bar one modern 5pence piece eluded me completely with the 5p showing the very same VDI reading and hump as all the foil found. AAAAHHHHHHH !!!! have i been sold a pup ???? the field i was in we have been knocking coins out by the dozen over the last week using an XLT Prizm 6T and an old minelab sovereign.

all the best rob

The VISION is the best on the market and I have found more in the short time I have owned it than years with the DFX or XLT. Take note of your Analyze screen at every target good and bad there are differences you will notice very quickly and in no time digging trash will be a thing of the past. Everyone here has had great suggestions as to operating the Vision, the short cuts, the do's, and the donts and although I've only been on the forum less than a week I've learned things about my Vision I didn't know existed. Just ask believe me someone knows the answer at least that's the way it has been with me. Welcome.

Sarah

cloudbuster said:

all the best rob

I just re read your post it must have missed me like a gold ring. That foil finder will turn into a gold finder as soon as you start hitting GOLD. Foil always has a wider camel hump as you put it gold is very sharp in contrast, far smaller and don't forget the second camel hump under it. It usually is about 3/4 up from your 22.5kHz. After two days I said what the heck did I do, why on earth did I sell my DFX now that I have had solid hits with gold, silver, old clad, and slowed down inserted some patience with the analyze screen now I can pull apart an IH in a sea of pennies and dimes. Keep at it and don't give up I take a pad and draw to the best of my ability the analyze screen on most targets that look like a hit. I've done this and the second time around referenced back and sure enough out comes another IH. It's getting that way with the gold as well now that I have made finds in a short time thats taken me years to uncover using the DFX there is no other detector. I'm having trouble with the workings the physical part of using the machine and am finding the on the go screens have got up and went. So that's why I joined I've already learned a great deal. Today missing the tide I'm taking it to the beach and going to see how it holds up to the salt and interference that comes with some types of sand a feature I've never been able to pull off with the XLT or the DFX. Best of luck....

Jason in TN said:
cloudbuster said:

al the best rob

You are welcome the 2.5 only should really make a differance with the foil and should be more sensitive to copper and silver items. Will lose sensitivity to gold, foil and nickel metals.

Jason

Sounds to me he is in the UK, if that is the case:
2.5 kHz - good for bigger targets and high conductors
7.5 kHz - Good all-rounder.
22.5kHz - Good for small, thin targets like hammered coins. Also good for low conductors.

:detecting:

many thanks to you all for your input !!! i am indeed in the UK bashin fields in deepest wiltshire... the site i am currently bashing with two other chaps is a thirty acre field that has had loads of activity over the years including weddings horse events & car boot sales and in times gone by other events i am sure .
today has been so much better. I copied the coin jewelry prog to a new prog which i made a few adjustments to, basically just balancing the RX gain against the discrim and now have a nicely balanced prog that yeilded a george third cartwheel penny a victorian penny a modern pound coin a very old lead plumb bob and a very battered gold watch which i am guessing is late 1800's. All find were at about five inches and gave good solid VDI's. I have also found that in the analyze mode any VDI that gives a percentage below 25% is generally rubbish and not worth digging. i maybe bein a bit thick but that percentage rating makes a big difference on finds.

Oh and best of all no FOIL dug today !!!! happy days LOL

also might be me being a tad daft but the V3 seems to have settled down an awful lot from the first time i switched it on !!!

all the best rob

Glad things are working out. Which coil are you using? What did you end up with on the RX and Sensitivity? Rob

cheers guys and gals !!! Hi rob ...ended up at RX 7 and discrim set at 70 running nice and steady . I think another few days out and i will really start to feel comfortable . Whites have certainly built something a bit special here. i had a wee go with the prospecting prog earlier using some gold nuggets i shot in australia a few years ago. excellent felt just like the minelab gpx 4000 that found them. uncanny !!! good work whites

all the best rob

All our ground is different. I've been having good luck with the Hi Pro. Don't forget check the signal loss and noise. If it's low you can go higher. Hey and there's more than one Rob. :crazy: Rob