Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DC Phase

Does the V3 show DC Phase anywhere, like maybe the Ground Probe screen? As a soon-to-be-former-DFX-user I realized that I rely on DC Phase to a great extent. I really only use it on modern park/sports fields where targets are generally shallow. I can't imagine Whites not including this info somewhere.

ground_probe.jpg

So, if I look at this image, would I be correct to assume that the phase values for each freq is the same as the DC Phase provided by the DFX, except that you now have it for each freq? Since it is for each freq, then, if you have heard that the DFX DC Phase is based upon the 15KHz channel of the DFX, then, since there is no 15KHz freq on the V3, this info is something that I will have to "re-learn". Appreciate any feedback.

Beep

From what I can work out and from a post by Jimmy Sierra on another forum is -

The VDI number is similar to DC phase on the DFX, it includes everything under the coil and is converted into a VDI from the 3 phase angles.

The 3 phase angles give you the ground reading at each frequency (0 being salt and -180 being iron???)

The ground strength is an indication of ground minerals, 1.2% being low mineralisation 10% being high mineralisation.

Now I maybe way off base here with this but it is what I have worked out from the limited info available.

Hope it helps.