Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dd coil for platinum

longbone

I have a Platinum with push in coil connector. I also have a 11"DD coil I used on a F5 with a screw on connector. Any one make an adapter from screw on to push in? Or maybe a wiring schematic to replace the screw on to push type.The Plat is a good machine I think it will be much better with DD coil. Anyone have any ideas on this ?

Just passing through seen them on ebay coil adapter COIL ADAPTER FOR WHITES/TEKNETICS & BH NEW 1980's do a search uder differt brand metal detector or uder coils seen them on ther for different models but i dont know if they work or not just courious my self.

Let me know how things work out, I just bought a platinum and I am considering the 11 inch DD as well. Thanks, JJ

The adapter Ohio Fred mentioned is to adapt whites and bh coils, as they were the same inside, just different plug wiring.

I had a screw on F5-style DD coil here, I'm pretty sure I tried to wire up a quickie adapter to the older push-in style and I couldn't get it to work. I think the two types of DD coils are different internally and not adaptable. You'd need a DD coil designed for the push-in plug detectors.

-Ed

Well I did a makeshift wiring like Ed and the detector worked but only detected a couple of inches from coil. I'll wait for JJ's report to decide whether to get a new coil or new detector. Thanks for the replies .

I have had a Platinum for about 2 years now, and last spring I upgraded to the Fisher DD coil. It was a huge improvement. Better depth, and discrimination. All functions still work normal. Pinpointing is still good. I highly recommend the DD coil if you can afford it. I did recently see on e-bay a 12x15 DD coil from a Russian manufacture that will also work with push in connectors, thought it was interesting
ron c