Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DD coil for teknetics Mark 1

I think Paul(CA) has some info on this matter. I think he used an early Fisher F4 11 inch DD standard coil that had a push in connector. I used it on a Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro,but it didn't seem to ID correctly.

The first Fisher F-4 DD coils work well with the Mark 1, Push in type plug works great target ID is good. I think with some of the other related kHz models ID may be off a little but with the Mark 1 at least with mine it was very close if not perfect.

About a year or so back, A well respected forum member purchased a Fisher F-2/F-4 DD coil for his Mark 1. He was concerned because this newer Fisher DD coil would not plug into his Mark 1, Knowing I had one of the earlier DD coils he contacted me and mentioned his had an extra pin added to the connector of his coil. Turns out this is a dummy pin added by Fisher on the later DD coils, So if you purchase a later DD coil you may need to remove the dummy pin. It's the pin with no wired soldered onto it, Just remove or I believe needs to be cut off.

Performance wise, The Fisher DD coil is good. You may loose a little on sensitivity and an inch on depth as compared with the stock 7.5" coil but you'll enjoy the extra coverage especially it being elliptical this may be an advantage for certain types of terrain.

Paul (Ca)