Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

De Leon

Peetjb said:
I think I would jump on one with tone ID
Can you imagine the sales volume with a simple Compadre or Mojave with a two tone splitter control?! NO ONE gets it!!!! My 20+ year old Royal Sabre with this setup rivals a lot of today's tone id detectors!

slingshot said:
Can you imagine the sales volume with a simple Compadre or Mojave with a two tone splitter control?! NO ONE gets it!!!! My 20+ year old Royal Sabre with this setup rivals a lot of today's tone id detectors!

Wonder why that is, haven't we all mulled this one over, sometimes just one feature makes a world of difference.

Sven said:
slingshot said:

Wonder why that is, haven't we all mulled this one over, sometimes just one feature makes a world of difference.
So weird. They already have the technology. As a Tesoro user, I get it that no form of ID is completely reliable and beep/dig eventually wins out. With two tone you automatically have the best of two worlds and in some areas it saves you agony. YOU STILL have the option to dig.

it would certainly be nice to order a machine with the options/ features you want...of all of the manufacturers, it seems to me that tesoro is best set up for such an endeavor.

Slingshot......is right 20 yr old detectors rivaled todays stuff..........................but that was when Jack was around.............if he was still here we would have had all kinds of awesome machines. .......and Tesoro would still be in the top three...............................small meaningful changes would bring big sales!!! Bring back the Golden and I will order two!!! Tesoro's European detectors are much nicer than our domestic stuff.....so sad!!

My perfect DeLeon :
Two tone, low/high.
95 dimes and quarters, silver rings
80-85 copper
86-90 zinc
30-33 nickels
Gold? 25-50. I don't know.

oleterryg said:
My perfect DeLeon :
Two tone, low/high.
95 dimes and quarters, silver rings
80-85 copper
86-90 zinc
30-33 nickels
Gold? 25-50. I don't know.
Ha! Ha! I thought you would add adjustable g/b. I know I sound like a traitor (my Compadre will probably quit on me tomorrow), but Tesoro is a 2 dimensional detector. You can have g/b AND discrimination, and ID with NO g/b but you NEVER get all 3!!!! Of course, this means nothing to those who are strictly beep/dig.

Yeah. gb. But only like the Mojave. Otherwise, too complicated.

oleterryg said:
Yeah. gb. But only like the Mojave. Otherwise, too complicated.
You know- you may have a valid solution!! The argument has always been that variable g/b messes with the tones or ID. With a preset like the Mojave, it could be factory set so that all features would jive in one or the other g/b settings. Sven, you're the electronics guy- doesn't that sound reasonable?

At least we're planting seeds. Never know who reads our musings. Rants too.

Tesoro is Tesoro and I have been reading for years everyone wants Tesoro to change their name to fisher or minelab but then they wouldn't be Tesoro :biggrin: want multi tones there are hundreds of detectors to choose from none from Tesoro I bought a golden couldn't get rid of it fast enough anyway each to their own but don't go holding any breaths ok :lmfao: might be a long wait .

enjoy them for what they are or buy something else :wave:

AJ

oleterryg said:
AJ, hey lighten up man. We just funnin.
Actually, I would like to see Tesoro improve and cater to those of us who DO care. Don't mind AJ- he hasn't found a detector he's completely happy with yet.:poke: