Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dead coil

blazer351

Question my coil went dead sitting in the closet without the remote control or headphones turned on, can metal in the walls or anywhere else effect the coil without anything turned on? The coil was fully charged when i put it away.

How long was it in the closet??

Odd
Maybe charge it up again and see if it does it again.
When shut down and on standby nearby metals won't affect the charge on any components.

New lithium batteries don't hold as much of a charge as when they have been charged a few times times. My WS-5 headphones lost charge fairly quickly when I first got them. I replaced the battery and had the same problem. After charging a few times, they hold a charge much longer.

I've seen short times with mine also but was able to fix it. On a new machine when it says it's charged it's not. Pull the plug and hook it up again. Do this after each time it says it's charged until it won't take anymore. After that it should be fine.

I also had the issue when the control box would not show it was charging even though it was. I could turn on the control box while it was plugged in and go to the info screen and scroll over where you see the battery voltage. It has the battery icom showing it's charging. Now turn off the remote from that screen and it now shows charging. From then on you are ok.

I read on a Facebook forum that XP is away of this problem and will have it fixed in the next release. In the current firmware they have the cutoff voltage screwed up and it's stopping the charge too soon.

I still have my Deus 1 and while I never had this issue with it as an early user I had many other issues. They eventually fixed all the issues over a couple of month period. The Deus II will be the same. I has seen several things that I would call issues compared to my Deus 1 that I am hoping will be corrected. At this point I will just sit back and wait on the next few release to see what they fix.

The only thing they has never fix is the poor connection with the MI-6 pinpointer. It's always been hit and miss. You can't trust the connection. I was hoping on the 2 they would fix it but it's just as messed up as it was on the 1.

I got way off subject from batteries but try what I said on charging and it will work until they get the cutoff voltage issue corrected.