Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dead forum

JHM

Looks like Bryce's exit for what ever the reason has knocked this forum in the head.:thumbdown:
Seems like nothing is ever totally free

It just gets a little slow this time of year, especially now with all the snow and ice everywhere (including the southeast tomorrow). Bryce has some good input and tons of info that I have used to learn my Se Pro, but he ain't the reason I come here. The collective group of "old heads" that are still here helping others, reading detecting stories and looking at old coin/relic pics like I do is why I keep coming back.

You have posted roughly twice in this area of the forum in two years and this is your analysis? :blink:
Been here since 2000 long before most and its always dead in the winter. Most people are knee deep in snow so, we are all just looking forward to spring.

My intent was not to offend anyone. However he was a major contributor to the forum. Now he disappears off the map rumors and start about him being given the boot for expressing an opinion. No one knows including me and the post I made was also an opinion. Will I be booted next? If that's the case then people should be warned that opinions will NOT be tolerated before posting.

I Agree MikeO im waiting for 5 feet or more of snow too melt and then the ground thawing out so we all can dig :sadwalk:

I normally can detect in Jan. and Feb., but not this year, ground has been frozen since mid-Jan. I think the weather is the reason why the forum has been quiet. Actually, Jan. and Feb. are my favorite times to detect since the parks are deserted, and the grass is laying flat.

We had -29F this morning, with no wind chill ... There isn't a hog burner made that's big enough to cut through the frozen ground up here.

And this forum does tend to slow down a little in the winter. I hadn't been around here much recently for personal reasons, but it appears to be the same place it was before. Good folks with good finds and advice ..

n/t

McDave------How do you live in that kind of weather (temps)??---Let alone getting your vehicles running & keeping them running!-----Brrrr, makes me cold to even think about it!:)
McDave said:
We had -29F this morning, with no wind chill ... There isn't a hog burner made that's big enough to cut through the frozen ground up here.

And this forum does tend to slow down a little in the winter. I hadn't been around here much recently for personal reasons, but it appears to be the same place it was before. Good folks with good finds and advice ..

Hello Fellow Minelab Explorer's. I just wanted to say that Here in Maryland the ground in the parks and schools are frozen too! But the Woods are Still available for good Hunting ( Out of Gun Season ). My "Frozen Ground Time" is spent on Old Line Educating my self and down loading old Maps, Doing research in the History Rooms at the different County Libraries for New Sites to Hunt. Visting the State Roads Dept to research old Colonial Roads, Checking the Old " Sandborn Insurance Maps" for homes sites etc. And Programming and Testing my Explorer 11 with different Coins and gold items. etc. So I will be Ready for the Thaw. As I was told Always Remember that Research is the KEY to Success. Budwiser

D&P-OR, I often wonder that myself, as I am putting my car battery on a charger because it's too cold to start it on its own. As cold as it gets, it really is the only downside so to speak. Long winters but its beautiful country up here . .

dmckee17, a "hog burner" would be a very large propane torch .. at least, that is what they call them up this way.

I can't wait to contribute to the Forum but as many have said I just can't get out yet! I live in N.H. and we got slammed with snow this year, luckily a ray of hope today 46 out and snow is melting but it will take some time. The snow on my back deck is still over 3 feet easy, I just purchased a used SE and can't wait to use it. I have never owned an Explorer series detector but have used a Safari so I am familiar with FBS. I got a great deal on a machine that could pass as new but have only been able to play around with it indoors. I got the Explorer Etrac handbook and I'm exited to get outside and play with the settings. So when I can finally get out you bet I will be contributing! And remember guys and gals, Cabin Fever can bring out the impatient, grumpy side in us all. When I get like that I go on Youtube and watch the latest detecting videos of those who can get out and and gets me more excited for when I can finally get out!