Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dead screen:(

Sambo

Posting this on behalf of a buddy. Turned his Nox on the other day for a hunt and found the screen was dead. Machine appears to be working, ie picking up signals, and the backlight works, just nothing on the visual display. He’s tried a factory/hard reset, fully charged it, tested all coil connections etc, but still no joy. Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

the only thing he can do is contact Minelab for a return authorization for repair.

Just wondering if your buddy was using one of those after market hoods to protect the screen? I have read there might be a heat problem?

goodmore said:
Just wondering if your buddy was using one of those after market hoods to protect the screen? I have read there might be a heat problem?

He was, but so do I and I haven’t had an issue yet. Something to bear in mind though!!

Yes I think back to the dealer for warranty repair is only option. Just haven’t heard of this issue before - hope it’s a one off.

Sambo said:

He was, but so do I and I haven’t had an issue yet. Something to bear in mind though!!

Yes I think back to the dealer for warranty repair is only option. Just haven’t heard of this issue before - hope it’s a one off.

There is no repair, but, he'll get a new control housing instead. I've had 2 replacements for 2 different issues, hopefully this next one performs flawlessly.

Just a word of advice:

Anything purchased with your Credit Card - you have 60 days from the statement date (not the purchase date) to go back and dispute the charge as "defective goods".
These are not automobiles where you drive them out of the dealer and if something is bad the next day you are stuck with repairs for damaged parts...these detectors are just plain electronics equipment.

So, word to the wise, if you experience any malfunctioning in the time period listed above - just tell the DEALER you are RETURNING the equipment for either replacement or a refund. If the Dealer trys to stick you with having to deal directly with the manufacturer (and wasting your time) tell him this is just plain ridiculous - it's his problem to get it replaced by the manufacturer not yours. Of course - this only works if the problem is within the aforementioned time period.

I do know that some credit card companies offer some sort of extended satisfaction guarantee for the product to be functional for a longer period of time...if you buy with their card.

So, it's good to get that machine out there for field testing for a number of hours right away after receiving it...