Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dead ??

JC99328

Pretty dead around here. My partner and I got out to a park a couple times. It's about the only area that's not white or mud. Just found a few new coins and a couple empty cases.

The ground here is frozen, so that's why we're not out and about. Winter is a great time to do your research. HH, Nancy

Still dead here !! Got back to that park several more times. Still nothing old and I did dig everything in a couple of the hotter areas. Dug some deep ones too, 8" and more in a few cases (found some water lines and junction boxes !!) My best guess is this park has been hit hard and from the condition and age of the coins, probably several years ago.

Possibility for it to have been detected.in the past. Do you have your discrimination set too low? I hunt many times with it being set so no iron signals get through. Also if you do get the water lines, move your coil over when pinpointing and you can follow the lines. That way you know not to dig. Main thing is that you're using your detector and the more you use it, the more you'll get to know it. It's one mighty fine machine. HH, Nancy

I was running in the coin/jewel mode, sensitivity 8, discrim at 1 or 2. After 4-5 days of running this park all I've found is newer stuff (coins) and the usual junk. I'm going to move on to other sites as this one doesn't appear to have anything for the bucket list !!

Also, thanks for the tip on the gold head phones, love them !! Real ear savers on the hot targets !!

I wish you well on your other adventure and I'm very happy you like your ProGold phones. Personally, I wouldn't have any other. :thumbup: Please keep us posted on your finds. It's interesting to hear that you got out to detect since it's Winter here. HH!

Just got word we can get on an old revival site in the middle of a field ?

Now, if it will stop raining............

That sounds exciting. Hopefully that rain with help with leveling the field a bit so it's easy walking. Wishing you lots of targets!

Tried the revival site, but, no go. Several days of rain and seeded field left nothing but a muddy mess to try to work. Gave up after one pass and finding the usual farm iron and wire. I'm not sure if we will even be able to go on the site. By the time it dries up the wheat will be up and we can't dig in that. Maybe this fall ?

At least you gave it a good try. Isn't it crazy how much "farm iron" is in a field? I can't get over how much is out there in fields. :shocked: You would think that they would be replacing bits and pieces with every pass. :confused: