Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deal me in...

Ism

A couple years ago I was going to order a Deus from Alain at XP before it was offered in the US. I backed out because customs could (at their choosing) slap up to a 30% tariff on imports. In addition, if anything went wrong with it ...well, you get the idea..
Today I took possession of a used Deus (in excellent condition) from Richard@Backwoods. He listed it for a great price, I can't believe I snagged it up before anybody else.
I have been playing with it in my coin test area and am impressed that I get a solid 97 ID on a US quarter@9 inches with one of the stock programs. The quarter is actually deeper because of 2 years of sod build-up and coin settling but I'm not sure how much deeper.
I will try a few of the custom programs that have been posted but I am very impressed with how it performs right out of the box. Nice engineering also.
HH
Ran

Thanks Bart...I'm trying not to ask any questions until I get my feet wet but I have seen a couple anomalities that aren't mentioned in the manual about using the Deus.
I have been reading back...waaay back in the forum for any mention of them and so far haven't stumbled upon any Q&A.
So just to let you seasoned users know right now, I won't ask redundant questions if I can help it.

(For reference) -Using Basic-1, I get a 77-79 ID on a US nickle buried 5 inches and 6 inches in my yard test area but get an accurate 53 in the house.
I did the threshold and GB exercises before use out doors. According to the screen there is 0 mineralization (sandy soil), GB at 86.
I know a deep coin will rise in number a bit, but this is a 25 point difference.

I do have a bit of chatter but I go from the field to the lab without shutting the Deus off experiencing the same chatter.
In the Lab, signal and ID is solid very nice while in the field the signal sounds like a goose and ID jumps around a bit.
We're talking 50ft distance from lab to field. In addition, its hard to get an ID on the coins in my yard without a lot of work. In the lab, the ID is almost instantanious.

I cleared the area of targets before burying the coins 2 years ago. While its possible the coin has shifted on an angle, I also get similar response on the 6" dime.
This is a head scratcher for me, maybe someone can advise?
Thanks
Ran

Hi Ran!

There are SO many things that can alter a ID. Ground water content, possible new EMI source, Ground mineralization, coin on edge, possible other target in ground.... etc etc etc....

I have even seen same year and mint coins ID differently. Way to hard to guess.

I can tell you the audio on this machine is key, as are many other machines. If you get a good repeatable audio hit, dig it. I have been surprised MANY MANY times. Only one way to e sure what is in the ground.

I am finding that out. Plus I have ground moles that have been through the area. One coin moved 6-8 inches from where it was originally buried from the mole traffic.
I believe it is a combination of coin angle and EMI. I buried a fresh nickle in a different location and got a solid 47 with my customized program so I know its not the detector.
This is the second ID machine I have. The other is a SovGT with a simple 180 meter. Its really stable on IDs but for some reason I'm getting some instability with the GT on the nickles in my coin test area.
I didn't get this before so something has changed. Thank for the reply to my query Bart
Ran